Post Match: City vs Barca

The difference is simply they keep the football much better than us, few bad passes and when out of possession keep a good shape to harass the opposition.

If we kept the football as well as Barcelona we would win these games. Think of the chances for Aguero if we had as much possession in these European games.

On the game and our team performances.

1) Dzeko probably should have remained on. He was putting in an effort and was more of a threat at times than any other City player. He looks back to his better form.
2) Hart is a very good keeper despite what some supporter have said at times.
3) Pity Clichy was sent off as I feel we could have pressed on to get an equaliser but were blunted by his dismissal
4) Zabaleta a little out of sorts this season
5) Kompany getting some undeserved stick from some supporters and pundits, our weak\open midfield leaves all our defenders exposed at times
6) Despite how skillful Barcelona are would you want a season ticket to watch them with their particular brand of football for 19 games a season. It would get a little bit boring wouldn't it ?

Overall we have not quite enough players for the very best of European elite. We have Hart, Kompany, Silva and Aguero and when at their very best Toure (at his marauding best) and Zabaleta who are good enough, but at a little bit below this we have Dzeko, Fernandinho, Milner, Nasri, and one or two others perhaps simply not good enough (Bony as yet unknown). Thus we have a team capable of competing for the domestic league but not good enough for being the best in Europe, but could occasional cause an upset (and this is what we now need for the return leg). Still a slight glimmer of hope for the return leg, but only a very slight glimmer.

Lets not now make this week a very bad week, by concluding it with a loss at Anfield.

On a separate note well done the EDS for getting to the last 8.

blueinnewzealand said:
tonea2003 said:
messi was mesmeric at times, found myself clapping his skill, they are lucky to have him

impressed with their desire without the ball, we could and should learn a lot from that.

the formation and personnel(fernando and milner pairing not right) was wrong, the first half proved it in spades, yes we got back into second half when their intensity dropped off.

the sending off nearly completely derailed us, but joe's penalty save and messi's rare gaff, has give us a sniff

At one point in the first half, Messi and Clichy were after the ball side by side. He just turned on the afterburners and left Gael for dead, it was astonishing.

His control over the ball at speed is unbelievable too.

This. Clichy is fucking rapid, and yet he was barely able to keep stride with Messi when he was dribbling.

We are way behind Barca in ability, but with yaya available and the right set up, we can easily get a result, no yaya coz of Acon hardly did us a favour in recent weeks, so why on earth would you think it would be ok last night.

You never know fellas, have faith in our strongest eleven. If they get selected.

Two things.
At times you have to watch the opposition and appreciate how good they are. Messi is quite simply one of if not the best players of ALL time. He was amazing and a pleasure to see live.I'm gutted we lost but I have to say I enjoyed the level of football.
Secondly if you have come on here slagging Bony when he has only been here for five minutes, fellow blue or not, you are a complete knob and should fuck off and support the rags.

Been reading the forum for awhile now,so thought i add my 2 pence worth on this thread & others later..1st did pelli pick the wrong squad,2nd did pelli make bad subs..3rd did we show them to much respect (again) & 4th can we still do it..
In my opinion Fernando just wasn't in the game looked like a headless chicken & not for the first time(30mill headless chicken) FERNANDINHO should off started,were he proved it when he got on,don't think i was the only one gob-smacked with the subs.nasiri/silva off in fact they did more defensive tacking than fernando.Should dzeko have started yes after the Newcastle game,But did he play with the same intensity ? no not in the first half,was abit better in the second half.But all the team didn't play with that intensity(Shearer said on MOD)city at 4/5 goals up city are still chasing/closing down to get the ball back,didn't see that last night(so did we show them to much respect again)?...When we did up the game they were there for the taking.so my final point can we do them at their gaff,Well after supporting the boys for nearly 50yrs.knowing city anything is possible but If we play & get in their face for 90+mins with the right players i cant see why not, same intensity as they shown against Newcastle, & knock some balls over their defence for kun/dzeko/bony to run onto & finally Joe Hart distribution.99.9% off his kick go to the opponents which is shite at any time but when you've been chasing to get the ball off barca for so long then you get a goal kick then it goes straight back to them then your chasing again.improvement by all whom get selected and fight for the badge..

We're not really here said:
Two things.
At times you have to watch the opposition and appreciate how good they are. Messi is quite simply one of if not the best players of ALL time. He was amazing and a pleasure to see live.I'm gutted we lost but I have to say I enjoyed the level of football.
Secondly if you have come on here slagging Bony when he has only been here for five minutes, fellow blue or not, you are a complete knob and should fuck off and support the rags.

Absolutely right.

Sometimes you just have to appreciate quality. Had a chat with a chap next to me about it. Far cry from the old days seeing players like messi at city.

City1974 said:
The difference is simply they keep the football much better than us, few bad passes and when out of possession keep a good shape to harass the opposition.

If we kept the football as well as Barcelona we would win these games. Think of the chances for Aguero if we had as much possession in these European games.

On the game and our team performances.

1) Dzeko probably should have remained on. He was putting in an effort and was more of a threat at times than any other City player. He looks back to his better form.
2) Hart is a very good keeper despite what some supporter have said at times.
3) Pity Clichy was sent off as I feel we could have pressed on to get an equaliser but were blunted by his dismissal
4) Zabaleta a little out of sorts this season
5) Kompany getting some undeserved stick from some supporters and pundits, our weak\open midfield leaves all our defenders exposed at times
6) Despite how skillful Barcelona are would you want a season ticket to watch them with their particular brand of football for 19 games a season. It would get a little bit boring wouldn't it ?

Overall we have not quite enough players for the very best of European elite. We have Hart, Kompany, Silva and Aguero and when at their very best Toure (at his marauding best) and Zabaleta who are good enough, but at a little bit below this we have Dzeko, Fernandinho, Milner, Nasri, and one or two others perhaps simply not good enough (Bony as yet unknown). Thus we have a team capable of competing for the domestic league but not good enough for being the best in Europe, but could occasional cause an upset (and this is what we now need for the return leg). Still a slight glimmer of hope for the return leg, but only a very slight glimmer.

Lets not now make this week a very bad week, by concluding it with a loss at Anfield.

On a separate note well done the EDS for getting to the last 8.

It was the under 19's not the EDS

Can I just say that the first half by Barca was the best football I have ever seen played against Manchester City by an opposition team - ever.
Without the ball, fantastic pressing.
With the ball, exceptional pass and move football.
Without Joe Hart making 4 top, top, top saves in the first half that would have been a slaughter.

The only thing that comes close was when Arsenal team gave us a 5-1 good hiding.in 2004

blueinnewzealand said:
Two things.

Absolutely right.

Sometimes you just have to appreciate quality. Had a chat with a chap next to me about it. Far cry from the old days seeing players like messi at city.

Hope you aren't having a go at Bazza Conlon?

john@staustell said:
blueinnewzealand said:
Two things.

Absolutely right.

Hope you aren't having a go at Bazza Conlon?

Perish the thought!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.