Post Match: City vs Barca

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
HellasLEAF said:
kinkysdribble said:
Thank f#*k for that, I thought I was the only one who thought Edin was one of our best performers tonight but like you say his missed header( on target though) could prove pivotal

In the air, good. On the ground, poor.

Bollocks mate you're obviously not a fan of Dzeko which is fair enough but he played well tonight.

Played very well tonight but was right to be subbed, it was him or Sergio !

They have a fantastic work rate and hunt you down in packs from the front, we got told this is what we will be doing two years ago,still yet to see it.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
He's been at City 2 minutes you helmet

Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

Bony played 30 minutes , in a game we were winning 5-0 , the team had switched off , it was a chance to integrate bony into the team , and he has just completed 20 minutes against a top 3 european side , grow up.

My thoughts exactly. Give the man a chance.

it was a poor selection by MP to play fernando and milner in the CM and leave dinho on the bench...we played much better in the second half and could have got for the second but the idiot clichy said it was a good moment to get sent off when we had momentum joe save keep us with a cchance in barcelona and i'm sure we can manage to still beat them down there...keep the faith blues keep the faith Go Cityy

messi was mesmeric at times, found myself clapping his skill, they are lucky to have him

impressed with their desire without the ball, we could and should learn a lot from that.

the formation and personnel(fernando and milner pairing not right) was wrong, the first half proved it in spades, yes we got back into second half when their intensity dropped off.

the sending off nearly completely derailed us, but joe's penalty save and messi's rare gaff, has give us a sniff

Dogtanian said:
They have a fantastic work rate and hunt you down in packs from the front, we got told this is what we will be doing two years ago,still yet to see it.

That, for me is the problem in itself. We keep getting told we will be like Barca. I don’t want to be like Barca. I want a City ethos and style of play. Part of the issue is we try to play the Barca style against them. How are we going to out play a team who’ve had that system for a decade or more?

Last night should of been basics, passion, pressing no respect and get stuck in. Letting them know if they come to England that will leave bruised and having a game.

If you want to break it down in to the simplest reason why we don’t beat them...look at their team. Their front line alone. FFP is strangling us so we cant match them until our revenues increase. People say we are stagnant and buying poorly, but the club are just doing what they can for the time being before they can loosen the purse strings again.

We wont be progressing/winning the CL until we can realistically afford/lure top players to us for the type of money Barca and Real offer or the academy is is full swing.

tonea2003 said:
messi was mesmeric at times, found myself clapping his skill, they are lucky to have him

impressed with their desire without the ball, we could and should learn a lot from that.

the formation and personnel(fernando and milner pairing not right) was wrong, the first half proved it in spades, yes we got back into second half when their intensity dropped off.

the sending off nearly completely derailed us, but joe's penalty save and messi's rare gaff, has give us a sniff

At one point in the first half, Messi and Clichy were after the ball side by side. He just turned on the afterburners and left Gael for dead, it was astonishing.

His control over the ball at speed is unbelievable too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.