Post Match: City vs Barca

We are ridiculously easy to play against. Busquets even said as much pre-match, "they let you play, which will be good for us". Our pressing is abysmal at this level. It's fine in the premier league, but we'll never get far in the Champions League unless we display more knowledge on how to actually press properly. We don't make it difficult for the opposition. Barca find it too easy against us.

Tricky_Trev said:
We are ridiculously easy to play against. Busquets even said as much pre-match, "they let you play, which will be good for us". Our pressing is abysmal at this level. It's fine in the premier league, but we'll never get far in the Champions League unless we display more knowledge on how to actually press properly. We don't make it difficult for the opposition. Barca find it too easy against us.

Is it poor management? a lack of ability? a lack of fitness? or are we just caught in the headlights,and in awe of such opposition?

I'm genuinely baffled.

If you are someone that mentioned Bony in this thread, please go on and get your head checked. That is all, thanks.

In my humble opinion the management got it wrong. They were going to have three quality strikers on the pitch so we should have started with a five man midfield and one striker. Keep them scoreless to halftime and then go for the jugular with a more aggressive attacking formation in the second half when they are frustrated.
But then I only manage a fantasy football team.

FantasyIreland said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Is it poor management? a lack of ability? a lack of fitness? or are we just caught in the headlights,and in awe of such opposition?

I'm genuinely baffled.

The 2nd one.

Compared to Barca anyway.

HellasLEAF said:
FantasyIreland said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I'm genuinely baffled.

The 2nd one.

Compared to Barca anyway.

in my opinion its tactical ability which we lack as a team because of whch we struggle against teams in champions league .
barca may have had technically better players but what about other teams we have lost to cska ,borrusia,ajax etc.
At this level the qualty of players can take so far .
if we want to improve in champs league we need a proper coach manager like pep guardiola or diego simeone who is a proper trainer
we as a team struggle to play the ball out of the back effectively ,press as a team and other simple things other teams at this level do so well.
it does not affect as in the league because of our superior quality of players but in the champions it is just shows

TFC said:
If we cant take the momentum from that miss (I am fucking fuming that Zaba would make that challenge in the first place) into the Nou Camp, we dont deserve to go through. That was a miss from the heavens.

Dead right. I called Zab all the swear word idiots I could think of - was highly pissed that he could be so stupid. Even the save by Joe didn't make up for Zab.

And I love the guy.....

Jocks Y-Fronts said:
TFC said:
If we cant take the momentum from that miss (I am fucking fuming that Zaba would make that challenge in the first place) into the Nou Camp, we dont deserve to go through. That was a miss from the heavens.

Dead right. I called Zab all the swear word idiots I could think of - was highly pissed that he could be so stupid. Even the save by Joe didn't make up for Zab.

And I love the guy.....

this is not someting new ,zabaleta has always been passionate ,aggresion ,rash and stupid and we love him for that because he gets away with it in the league but in the champs league you need to be able to about .kompany seems to have a same problem

blue city199 said:
Jocks Y-Fronts said:
TFC said:

And I love the guy.....

this is not someting new ,zabaleta has always been passionate ,aggresion ,rash and stupid and we love him for that because he gets away with it in the league but in the champs league you need to be able to about .kompany seems to have a same problem

the whole fecking team has the same problem from our tactics ,teams selection ,manager to the players we try to do the same in the champs league but have failed .It about time the manager sees that either he has to try and teach the players to paly differently in chmaps league or change the style of the whole team.
i will do the latter and first thing i would change is the manager though pellegrini is not at fault for all our problem but changing the manger would be best way of changing things .

we need team ,manger and players who can play to a certian style be succesfull in champs league as well .for all his faults mourinho has made chelsea a team which with its style of play can compete in chmaps league too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.