Post Match: City vs Barca

Cheadle Blue said:
Yet again I'm left feeling sick to the pit of my stomach, European football disgusts me it's full of cheating players and bent refs that bow to the "big teams". It really is a despicable "competition". To get sent off like that when we are getting foothold in the game just makes me want to vomit. Alves and co did exactly the same last time, sorry I've got no interest until the playing field starts to level out a bit more
Good to know you don't count City as a 'big team'. Good lad.

The ref was good btw.

I thought we were extremely poor in the first half last night and when we changed the tempo and urgency in the second half we looked much better and were rewarded with the goal. The penalty miss really gave us a boost given the circumstances with us down to ten men. Barcelona were excellent and it was a pleasure watching messi in full flow.

I thought we played relatively well and worried Barca at times. Ed missing the free header 4 yards out was unlike him. It might have been a turning point.
Why wasn't Messi bookies for the disgusting challenge on Aguero on the touch line.??
Did everyone see the reaction from Dani Alves after he got substituted after getting GC sent off? Didn't seem to be anything wrong with him when he smashed the water bottles. Although 10 seconds earlier he was rolling aroun like he's been shot by a sniper.
Is Yaya available for the return leg? I suppose it's shit it bust!!
All we can do is go there and try to win. I think we can expect them to score. As long as we score 1 more than they do!!!!

My biggest disappointment was in the first half where we were poor I don't think a couple of indeviduals stepped up and they were notably fernando who just isn't a good enough footballer full stop, Dinho should have played instead, milner who wasn't used to centre mid yet had he been next to yaya or dinho would have prob been a lot better. For all his talk in the build up Samir Nasri was guilty of ball watching and didn't show enough desire, had they played from the off like they did at the weekend we could of nicked the game. I did however think Dave was really trying to prove something at the start as was Dzeko and Kun but you can only do so much on your own and when we lost the ball found it too difficult to get back.

IWasHere said:
bluesimon said:
what has Demi done to get in ahead of Mangala this season??
IMO, Dzeko tends to go missing in the really big games. He scores great goals against the lesser sides, but he just aint up to the big guns. I know Bony is just blending in, but for gods sake, make sure Bony starts with Serge in Barca

Bonys been shit since he's come and no way we'll go 2 up front, him and Serg. Won't be surprised though knowing that dick in charge.

What a pathetic thread, Can only assume this is a kneejerk reaction to getting beat. If you genuinely feel what your post suggests, fuck off back to where you came from.

Quite a few players shown they weren't uo to the level needed last night! Kompany(hope he's carrying a knock) nasri, milner, fernando, dzeko thats 2 many passengers to be carrying in a game like that! Unfortunately we can't change all them for the 2nd leg so I'd go in something like this

hart

sagna
demi
mangala
zabba

diniho
yaya
navas
milner

silva

aguero

try and nick a couple on the break play silva virtually as a man marker on busquets! Make them go long can't believe we gave him that much space to dictate the fliw of the game last night!

As Noel Gallagher said at the weekend, we're a good but not a great team.

We have a number of world class players:

Aguero
Silva
Yaya
Kompany (when on form)
Zaba (when on form)
Hart (when on form)
=

Milner, Nasri, Dzeko, Clichy, Fernando and Demi are regrettably not in that category.

Barca's A-listers:

Messi
Suarez
Neymar
Iniesta
Busquets
Pique
Alba
=

And A- listers;

Alves
Alba
Rakitic
=
----

So you can see why we will come unstuck against Europe's finest if everyone is not playing 110%.

We need to recruit a Pogba, Reus-type player in midfield in the summer and improve our dynamism, plus a world class left back, if we are to be a regular player at the top table.

momo88 said:
Well for me no surprise i fully expected a loss (my previous posts), the legendary city support nowhere to be seen or heard

I take issue with this, especially from someone who probably wasn't there (correct me if you were).

I've criticised the home support but there was little wrong with our support last night. Our fans backed the team very well until Barca's second goal. That knocked the stuffing out of the fans, but once City started showing spirit again in the 2nd half, the fans got behind the team again.

Maybe it doesn't come across well on TV because there is certainly an acoustics issue at the ground, but don't criticise fans who were getting behind the team from your armchair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.