Post Match: City vs Barca

MrChicago said:
Atomic said:
Bony looked like a man who never played before
Fucking out of his league

He struggled to say the least

Dzecko played well

Overall, I'd say I'm happy with the result with all things considered . We still got a chance

bitsmith said:
Decent 20 minutes in 2nd half before Clichy fucked it up. Decent score on the end how it looked to be after 30 minutes.

Pellegrin flop of the match.

Clichy very unlucky to get that 2nd yellow. Ball bouncing - Clichy waved his foot at it and caught the player on the knee.Yes a foul - but f8ck me
ref should have given foul and get on with it. Plus their player milked it - and kicked a bottle with the same leg - got subbed by their manager.

Started Milner and Fernando, then Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri and Silva were all waiting up at the other end to receive something that was never going to come. Then later, he took off Silva and Nasri meaning there isn't anyone left to create even the little bits of scraps we get.

I'm not entirely sure Pellegrini can afford many more tactical clangers. It's becoming every week.

Fuck knows what he's got planned for Sunday against Liverpool.

Barca is vulnerable. Very unlucky day for City. Aside from an excellent second goal (unstoppable) and an unlucky bounce for the first, the 442 looked strong against a Barca side that for long minutes looked inferior. The false start made Barca looked superior, yes, but it wasn't a striker-fest as many would have you think. Clichy gone when City seemed strongest is also unfortunate. Nevermind the fact Yaya wasn't available.

We might get something out of this in the second leg.

Damocles said:
agyeiboateng said:
Damocles said:
He's played 20 minutes you mad bastard

He is clumsy with the ball at his feet. I have watched him a lot with Swansea. If you are expecting an Ibrahimovic like player...basically a big guy who can play with his back to goal...you are in for a shock.

Who the fuck bought Wilfied Bony and expected Ibrahimovic?

Come on now, let's be sensible

We got Ali Dia

wrote this in the pre match thread when i saw the line up

screams over compensation for last year's fixture, and not in a good way

first surprise: no dinho

second surprise: 442

third surprise: 442 with dzeko

minor: no sagna or mangala

i hope manuel knows what he is doing

with a 451 and defensive shape (but not like the fixture last year) I think we would have had a positive result

as such, there was no pace other than Kun in attack, a non existent porous midfield, and our right side defence was exploited way too often

both kompany and zabaleta are playing off past reputation.

barca were nothing special but clearly superior - we could have won had we had a better game plan (counter at pace, set pieces, not allowing them space in central midfield and intelligent pressing in our own half)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.