Post Match: City vs Barca

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
HellasLEAF said:
And I want to add that the selections of Fernando and Dzeko were poor.

Dzeko doesn't belong on the pitch against teams like Barca. He isn't up for it and never will be.

You can't have a give away machine like Dzeko on the pitch because giving away the ball to Barca or having advancing moves scuttled by his foolishness is suicide.

I thought Dzeko was one of our better players especially first half. Aguero was worse than him first half. Only got going second and when he did get going, we started playing.

Agreed. Already said it a few times on this thread and don't want to sound like a broken record but I think at times some people whether consciously or unconsciously just look to blame Dzeko when results don't go our way.

The penalty save made the score seriously flattering for us. We were so much second best in the first half. What happened to the fighting talk before the game ? Looked like a cast iron copy of last year's tie just standing off them, no pressure on them, watching them move the ball about almost at will. Several players not willing to put the necessary work in to make it difficult for them at all. Fair enough, we came out with more urgency and passion at the start of the second and got a good goal from Aguero but defensively another horror show, Kompany has forgotten how to tackle without fouling and Zabba looks a yard slower than last year. There's some hope going back to the Camp Nou at 1-2 but just can't see us keeping them from scoring. Should never have started 2 up top and Pellegrini should have changed it after 20 minutes to reinforce the midfield.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
HellasLEAF said:
And I want to add that the selections of Fernando and Dzeko were poor.

Dzeko doesn't belong on the pitch against teams like Barca. He isn't up for it and never will be.

You can't have a give away machine like Dzeko on the pitch because giving away the ball to Barca or having advancing moves scuttled by his foolishness is suicide.

I thought Dzeko was one of our better players especially first half. Aguero was worse than him first half. Only got going second and when he did get going, we started playing.

Dzeko was our best player on the pitch in first half, Hart excluded. Never hid himself, won pretty much each ball Hart sent to him, was single one who looked like he didn't shit him self from the minute one. Should have never been subbed. Big miss on that header though.

People who single him out in this kind of team performance are idiots.

IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
IWasHere said:
Bonys been shit since he's come and no way we'll go 2 up front, him and Serg. Won't be surprised though knowing that dick in charge.
He's been at City 2 minutes you helmet

Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

This post requires a gif, maybe the one where the bloke is in a meeting and jumps out the window.

Your an idiot.

Damanino said:
Pelle isnt learning, dont expect very different game in Nou Camp. Barca will score first most likely then we surely will have to go all out leaving big spaces behind to risk it all and its not hard to see whats gonna happen with the pace of Neymar, Messi on the counter.

I thought the clean sheet at home is the most important in this tie, Pelle clearly thought if other way.He setup the team like it was Newcastle not Barca.

Overall I think this game was still closer to 1-3 than 2-2 even tho we had some chanced we really should have scored or create a big chance. Lucky with the pen in the end.

Pelle has a really awful record vs Barca, maybe like 20 games played and lost 95% of them maybe. Something like this...

Wasnt optimistic before the tie as Barca is a better side but there are ways when weaker sides can make it hell for stronger sides. Atletico etc.

We are very far from making the it like hell for Barca. They comfortably will go to next round probably with two wins. And then wouldnt surprise me if they got a Juventus and would have a harder tie than this one even tho Juve squad not as good as ours. Certainly nowhere as expensive in prices or wages.

Especially until we try to outplay them in an attractive way. For that we probably have to get rid half of first team more. Pogba in, Milner out, Nasri out Hazard in, Dzeko/Bony out, Sánchez in, Clichy out top class LB in, a top classCB in as well etc.

So yeah apart from Silva, Yaya, Kun not much else left. Maybe Zab/Vinnie if they able to improve their very shit form.

Is this real life?

Man up you bunch of smacked arses.

Manchester_lalala said:
IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
He's been at City 2 minutes you helmet

Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

This post requires a gif, maybe the one where the bloke is in a meeting and jumps out the window.

Your an idiot.

Please explain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.