Post Match: City vs Newcastle

uwe rosler 28 said:
Lets not get carried away that was like a training game! But we done our job! Vinny still lucked iffy!

I bet you are a joy at parties!

It was some of the best football we have played all bloody season and you come on here to pour cold water on us

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
For me that's our 'best 11' and it's interesting with that set of players on the pitch at the same time we wiped the floor with Newcastle. Cant remember the last time we had our best 11 out there all properly fit and raring to go.

I've never seen Dzeko play as well as that. His goal was fucking superb, his overall play was outstanding and his workrate was unreal. Does my head in cos we know he's capable of this but usually doesn't produce, but well done today son.

Toure's presence is key to this team. He totally dictates the game and is like the biggest lion in the jungle. Nobody fucks with him. Vital player.

Thought MP handled the substitutions very well to.

We looked today like we did in our pomp last year. Long may it continue.

Swap Clichy for Kolarov and I would say it is a candidate for our best 11 pre Bony, who may or may not prove that he is better than Edin. The bigger question is are we at our best with Dzeko or Silva "supporting" Aguero? I think the answer depends on who the opposition are. What is hard to deny is that we have not been in a position to field today's starting line-up with all those players fit and in form many times this season or that if those 11 starters play well, they are very likely to beat whoever they meet in the remaining league games.

It's a tricky one the Clichy/Kolorov one. Clichy has been very good the last few months and is clearly a better defender. However, I think Kolorov is worth the risk for the rest of the season with the exception of maybe 2/3 games. His corners are much better (we actually looked dangerous from corners today) and if Dzeko/Bony play then he is worth the gamble for me.

I think Kolarov is our best corner taker but a left back's primary function - and I know I may be showing my age here - IMO is to defend.

OB1 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:
Swap Clichy for Kolarov and I would say it is a candidate for our best 11 pre Bony, who may or may not prove that he is better than Edin. The bigger question is are we at our best with Dzeko or Silva "supporting" Aguero? I think the answer depends on who the opposition are. What is hard to deny is that we have not been in a position to field today's starting line-up with all those players fit and in form many times this season or that if those 11 starters play well, they are very likely to beat whoever they meet in the remaining league games.

It's a tricky one the Clichy/Kolorov one. Clichy has been very good the last few months and is clearly a better defender. However, I think Kolorov is worth the risk for the rest of the season with the exception of maybe 2/3 games. His corners are much better (we actually looked dangerous from corners today) and if Dzeko/Bony play then he is worth the gamble for me.

I think Kolarov is our best corner taker but a left back's primary function - and I know I may be showing my age here - IMO is to defend.

I agree in general but I think we are at the stage of the season where we need to gamble and this is one gamble that is worth taking, especially at home.

Just got home from night shift. Flicked channels between watching the scum lose at Swansea and Chelsea drop points at home, then while waiting for our game Fox showed "EPL Classics" the first derby at our new ground in 03/04. Ferguson's face when SWP scored the 4th was an absolute picture.
Great performance by City today, didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.

Haven't read the whole thread, but just 12 pages? All the resident rags must be sulking :-)

Kolarov is a liability,the odd decent corner and cross into the box simply isn't worth the lack of defensive ability this man possesses.

Barca will destroy him and subsequently us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.