Post Match: City vs Newcastle

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:
I think Kolarov is our best corner taker but a left back's primary function - and I know I may be showing my age here - IMO is to defend.

I agree in general but I think we are at the stage of the season where we need to gamble and this is one gamble that is worth taking, especially at home.

I see both working differently against Barca. Kolarov pushes ahead and attacks, creates chances.. good to have that support allowing Silva and Aguero to push forward if we're going 4-4-2. But Kolarov even tonight I commented before, sometimes forgets to defend. Messi will jump in any space he leaves behind. Clichy is the better defender and if we're not going with 2 strikers then he's the choice.

Ducado said:
Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
jimharri said:
You forgot the weather. Even the bloody penguins had jumpers on today. I'm just thawing out now, though the feet are still a bit numb.

Jim, you need to get over for matches more often if this is going to be the kind of result we get.

We normally lose or draw when he is over
4 against Spurs and 5 today (I won't mention Stoke!). Perhaps you should stick to making lists.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:
I think Kolarov is our best corner taker but a left back's primary function - and I know I may be showing my age here - IMO is to defend.

I agree in general but I think we are at the stage of the season where we need to gamble and this is one gamble that is worth taking, especially at home.

I see both working differently against Barca. Kolarov pushes ahead and attacks, creates chances.. good to have that support allowing Silva and Aguero to push forward if we're going 4-4-2. But Kolarov even tonight I commented before, sometimes forgets to defend. Messi will jump in any space he leaves behind. Clichy is the better defender and if we're not going with 2 strikers then he's the choice.

I agree at home to Barca, possibly at Liverpool, rags and Spurs but at home to the likes of Leicester, Villa, QPR etc, it has to be Kolorov.

He made the mistake of not playing him against Hull.

Good performance but seriously what the feck is going on with our corners?
Its embarrassing now

jimharri said:
Ducado said:
Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Jim, you need to get over for matches more often if this is going to be the kind of result we get.

We normally lose or draw when he is over
4 against Spurs and 5 today (I won't mention Stoke!). Perhaps you should stick to making lists.

banned.jpg

Great performance. 5 goals. Clean sheet. United lose. Barca lose. Chelsea drop points. Great day all round.

Hart 7
Zabaleta 7
Kompany 7
Mangala 6
Kolarov 6
Fernandinho 7
Yaya 8
Silva 9 (MotM)
Nasri 8
Aguero 8
Dzeko 9

Navas 6
Bony 6
Lampard 6

Fernandinho ,Dzeko, Nasri ,Yaya and Silva all motm performance .Top top
Bar code were due for one . Come on city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.