Post Match: City vs Newcastle

I seem to be alone in thinking that at least in the first half Newcastle weren't that bad. They pressed us high, had a decent amount of possession and on another day that shot that whistled past the post goes in and they are back in the game.

However I thought we were excellent, which is why we made them look so poor. Yes we got given a good start, but our movement was excellent, silva Nasri and Aguero all benefited from having Yaya back and Edin Dzeko put in his best performance of the season.

It could in the end have been ten.

Bit pissed off we declared at five with 38 minutes remaining but not too surprising with with the greatest, bestest, most wonderful team the entire universe has ever seen in town on Tuesday. What do you mean they've just lost at home?
So the "missing 8 and 9" remain elusive, but the five we scored were pretty special as was the save by Joe from their only shot on target.
Newcastle may have been dogshit as some have already claimed, but scoring five still takes some doing when you've one eye on the next game.
As for the Geordies and WWYWYWS? Well you only took the bottom tier and quite a few gaps appeared after Dzeko's goal. It could have been due to a few going for an early pint but quite a few seats remained empty for the entire second half. I don't mind fans pissing off early if the team is having an off day, but don't do it straight after questioning our loyalty.

Thank God we didn't win too many corners to have to defend from. ;-)

If I were a Newcastle fan, I'd be mightily pissed off about their attitude for the last twenty minutes or so. Granted, they'd been blown away, it was over. But they actually played as if they'd got a point, and they were happy with it. I would have expected them to at least try to get a goal back, to salvage a bit of self-respect, and to offer something to the travelling fans. These men get paid big, big money, more than the likes of you and me will ever see. If City did that, I'd be fuming. That we went in to switch-off mode seems, on the contrary, to be completely understandable. Big game on Tuesday, nobody wants to get injured or pick up a card - fair dos, it seems to me. Everybody had run their socks off for the first sixty minutes, they'd done the business, they then played the ball around in midfield as if to say to Newcastle, "Right, you want something out of this, run at us, try and get the ball back, (leave yourselves open at the back, let us nick a couple more…)

Really, really wish that Bony had got that goal. So did he.

Chris in London said:
I seem to be alone in thinking that at least in the first half Newcastle weren't that bad. They pressed us high, had a decent amount of possession and on another day that shot that whistled past the post goes in and they are back in the game.

However I thought we were excellent, which is why we made them look so poor. Yes we got given a good start, but our movement was excellent, silva Nasri and Aguero all benefited from having Yaya back and Edin Dzeko put in his best performance of the season.

Janmaat seemed to be doing their "Zabaleta" role, getting forward down the right wing at every opportunity. And I think it was him (?) who had that curling shot that just went wide of Joe's right hand post in that first half. The thing is though, they never really looked that dangerous and our defence looked comfortable-ish, a big change on our performances for most of the season. The Toon's best effort was that deflected shot by Cisse just after half time, that Joe did very well to save. All in all, a very good performance by us yesterday. On to self pity central next weekend.

Chris in London said:

On reflection they were not as bad as the scoreline, they had spells when they put us under a bit of pressure just unfortunate for them it was a day we decided to turn up

I expected us to win this, but not that easily.
This is how we perform when we are allowed to play our best XI ; rampant, dominant, un-stoppable.
We keep Yaya, Aguero, Silva and Nasri injury-free, we win the championship, it is that simple.

Thankfully its only a small minority on here but if we dont win 5-0 we are shit and when we do, its because the opposition were shit and not because we were outstanding.

We were fantastic yesterday.

Ducado said:
Chris in London said:

On reflection they were not as bad as the scoreline, they had spells when they put us under a bit of pressure just unfortunate for them it was a day we decided to turn up

They had no fight didn't press had spells of possession on the half way line, put a few crap crosses in, they were as dreadful as we were excellent.

Up here in Newcastle you can feel the supporters pain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.