Post Match: City vs Newcastle

80s Shorts said:
Good performance after Newcastle capitulated around 60 seconds.

Enjoyable but lets not get carried away. Newcastle were absolute dogshit and Dzeko decided to wake up because Bony has arrived.

No chance we beat Barca home or away.

We have every chance of beating them.

Give the team some credit. We have world class players in Silva, Aguero, Toure, to name three from an excellent squad.

Don't write us off before the game has started, because on our day, we are as good as any team in the world.

Picking Edin was brilliant man management , for a confidence player like edin it said to him that the manager had faith and gave him a big boost. At the same time it said to bony you need to earn your place.

99% of blues would have picked bony and it is a credit to manuel that he didn't and got our edit back. Edins goals and performances in the run In have been key to both titles and if we are to peg back chelsea then we will need big Ed again

TFC said:
If thats how big Edin responds when we do, I wish we could buy a striker every week ffs.
I reckon he responded to the faith shown in him not the new signing tbh

EalingBlue2 said:
Picking Edin was brilliant man management , for a confidence player like edin it said to him that the manager had faith and gave him a big boost. At the same time it said to bony you need to earn your place.

99% of blues would have picked bony and it is a credit to manuel that he didn't and got our edit back. Edins goals and performances in the run In have been key to both titles and if we are to peg back chelsea then we will need big Ed again[/quote
This!

EalingBlue2 said:
TFC said:
If thats how big Edin responds when we do, I wish we could buy a striker every week ffs.
I reckon he responded to the faith shown in him not the new signing tbh

Possibly, but he was a man possessed today and he's had plenty of faith shown in him in the past (often delivering of course). That's the best I've seen him play in a long while, maybe since the 4 at spuds.

I think he will thrive with added competition, wouldn't be surprised to see jovetic gone and a main striking corp of aguero, dzeko and bony next season with a hg player in the 4th slot and they will fly :)

cleavers said:
The most boring 5-0 I've ever watched, we only really played for about 15 minutes of the 90. Newcastle were utter shite, even though they had quite a lot of the ball.

I didn't think we were great, but we did all we needed to do, and that wasn't much.

I'm of a similar opinion,while there was some excellent play from our lads,i thought Newcastle allowed us to do exactly as we wished......however,on occasion,we still looked vulnerable to the counter attack and if I had to be ultra critical......we probably should have scored 10.

No injuries and an opportunity to protect our best were huge plus points......It was also the perfect confidence booster before Tuesday.

Hart 7
Zabaleta 7
Kompany 7
Mangala 7
Kolarov 5
Fernandinho 7
Yaya 7
Silva 8
Nasri 8 (motm)
Aguero 7
Dzeko 8

What a fabulous day!

Got up at 6:00am to watch the match, and boy did the boys turn it on - Edin was a man possessed today. Obviously motivated by Bony's arrival. He put in a shift and scored a great goal.

And we got a clean sheet and surprise, surprise we actually threatened at a few of our corners.

Chelsea dropped a point and Maureen dropped his bundle.

Then the best team in the league (according to LvG) got beat.

And to top it all my wife and I had a great day driving around the scenic attraction that is the Coromandel Peninsular (NZ North Island) under blue skies, the Pacific Ocean regularly in view, golden beaches and hardly any traffic to make driving enjoyable. And now it is time to relax with a few well earned bevvies.

80s Shorts said:
Good performance after Newcastle capitulated around 60 seconds.

Enjoyable but lets not get carried away. Newcastle were absolute dogshit and Dzeko decided to wake up because Bony has arrived.

No chance we beat Barca home or away.
Utter bollocks are you on drugs?

1. How much of this performance should we attribute to "the early goal" ?

2. Could be that Dzeko go reacted to the manager's faith in him or could be that he reacted to the competition in the form of Bony or could be that its a bit of both. Either way, There is a lesson for Jovetic to be learnt here. He can go whine about it to the press or he can put his head down and up his game. Its all about priorities and attitude.

3. Southampton should down the dippers this week. Rags go from 3rd to 5th in one week. Would cap off a perfect weekend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.