Post Match: City vs Newcastle

Came across this link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0o9HS7JueY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0o9HS7JueY</a>

made me remember that for the decades before the money came in I used to always consider that there was a lot of affinity between the fans of CITY, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham etc.

I could feel his pain and I am just grateful that the sheik chose us (he could have chosen any club) so that I do not have that pain anymore

Loved the half time entertainment yesterday. It can come across as a bit twee, but the banter that Mike was having with the blond, er, vertically challenged lady doing the crossbar challenge was very good. And fair play to her; she played her part in it very well.

mcfc1632 said:
Came across this link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0o9HS7JueY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0o9HS7JueY</a>

made me remember that for the decades before the money came in I used to always consider that there was a lot of affinity between the fans of CITY, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham etc.

I could feel his pain and I am just grateful that the sheik chose us (he could have chosen any club) so that I do not have that pain anymore

I didn't think there was much affinity when newcastle had all the cash and villa had a sugar daddy

but this geordie is entertaining lol

Don't you just love 5:30 Saturday kick offs.
I know I do.
Obviously an early goal and playing as we did helped a lot, but the atmosphere yesterday was so much better.
Am sure it's cos like me half the ground is pissed.

jimharri said:
Loved the half time entertainment yesterday. It can come across as a bit twee, but the banter that Mike was having with the blond, er, vertically challenged lady doing the crossbar challenge was very good. And fair play to her; she played her part in it very well.

Fucking hell I laughed when he said to her ;
"Now love I know I shouldn`t ask a lady her age ... so ... what weight are yer ???"

The best I have seen us play in the later half of the season. Work rate, passion, desire to win everything was there. Fabulous performance. A big shout out to Dzeko, Silva, Nasri, Ferna who put in commendable efforts. And welcome back Yaya..how we missed him..Well done City...!!!!!..

oakiecokie said:
jimharri said:

Fucking hell I laughed when he said to her ;
"Now love I know I shouldn`t ask a lady her age ... so ... what weight are yer ???"
And when she answered that she was a nursery nurse, he said, "so you're a babysitter?"

Taken me a couple of days to digest that performance. Have to say that my first reaction at the final whistle was weirdly enough one of pure anger. Fucks me off no end that certain players have a performance like that in their locker, yet choose to only bring it out once we are really under the cosh in a season.

Agree with a lot of what has been posted, in many ways it was our most complete performance of the season in an attacking sense. It's funny that when we play like that, with that kind of intensity to our game, and that kind of compactness as a unit, we are virtually unplayable. Yet rarely do we see matches where Kun/Dzeko are getting involved in build up play, closing down in our half, doing the kinds of things which if they do do them lead to performances like Saturday.

Was really happy to see Mangala starting and playing well. Nasri is getting better with every match. Silva's rediscovered his best form. Yaya doing his best King Yaya impression. All of this bodes well for Barca, Liverpool, and beyond.

Don't agree that Newcastle were as abject, especially in the first half, as some people are suggesting. Fact is, you could've put Barcelona on that pitch, and they would've struggled to contain us because of the sheer force of personality that we played with.

Best performance of the season so far.
That new striker - the tall Bosnian fella - awesome
Especially pleasing was the defending with Hart not having to make any saves as a result of City player defensive mistakes. Both Kompany and Zaba were back to their best - more for the rest of the season please.

Superb performance. It was more a case of us being so good than Newcastle being poor, we just made them look a lot worse than they were.

With a front 6 playing like they did on Saturday, it really doesn't make a difference who we play at the back. Good performances all over the park, but id have to give MOTM to Dzeko, for his work-rate from the first minute to the last, I just hope/wish we could see those performances more often.

Silva, Nasri and Fernandinho were superb, and Yaya was, Yaya.

Play like that against Barcelona and we will certainly give them a run for their money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.