Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

paul.manc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
paul.manc said:
4) When we're losing 1-0, I think any idiot could realise that taking Johnson off- someone who attacks and tries to go round players- was a bad idea. Maybe if it was for Aguero, then Mancini may have a point, but not Barry.

We scored not long after the substitution and went on to win the game.

Mancini was right to change things as the result proves.

Sorry if you disagree, but I don't think Barry was fundamental in Aguero's goal.
The equaliser came five minutes after the swap, and involved Barry doing exactly what he was brought on to do (feeding Kolarov in).

I'd be careful about throwing the word idiot about ;)

Last night was all a bit odd and I never thought I'd say this but it was a Man Utd type performance - we managed to win with a very late goal when we weren't really playing well and looked to be heading for a draw.....what Man U have been doing for years. The performance was mediocre but the overall result and ability to grind out a win in trying circumstances is the mark of a good team.
Some other thoughts - I thought Barry changed things for us, Dzeko is obviously a confidence player and taking him out of the side after he popped in 4 against Spurs was not perhaps the right thing to do, Aguero is our new Tevez, sadly we missed Tevez and his buzzing around the box trying to make things happen.
Still, we have won 10 out of our last 11 league games, won a trophy during the same run, kept ourselves in contention for qualifying out of the toughest group (by some way), Bobby Manc has shown how passionate he is about our club and hey ho, all that isn't too shabby.

Re: Embarrassing, On And Off The Pitch

dave_blue12 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
argyle said:
Haha, agreed. I said last night as I read some of the comments after the game that some posters would quickly wish that match-thread was deleted as some of the comments on there were priceless!!

Some, although shot down by the majority, were posting that Mancini be sacked and Mourinho brought in!!
Our Matchday Forum is the worst place to be on the Internet.

I guess you haven't been on the Man city facebook page lately, if you have an English sounding name you are in a huge minority on there.

paul.manc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
paul.manc said:
4) When we're losing 1-0, I think any idiot could realise that taking Johnson off- someone who attacks and tries to go round players- was a bad idea. Maybe if it was for Aguero, then Mancini may have a point, but not Barry.

Sorry if you disagree, but I don't think Barry was fundamental in Aguero's goal.
I agree if anything Johnson would of created more.

paul.manc said:
2) I may be wrong, but the last time I can remember us winning a game that late was in 2005 when Richards score against Villa in the F.A. Cup. Hopefully we are starting to realise we have to play and attack until the final whistle.

Equaliser forced a replay.

paul.manc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
paul.manc said:

Mancini won therefore he was right. AJ had 30 odd minutes and did nothing, we were getting hit on the counter, we brought on Barry and took off the attacking player we would miss the least which was AJ.

It was also Mancini who put Aguerro on the pitch so he got most everything right on a night on which the whole side failed to perform anywhere near their capabilities.

So long as we win, Bobby has got it right, for me!

Ragnarok said:
Does anyone have a gif of Mancinis celebration?

GIFSoup

I threw this together, not the best but captures the spirit. Will definitely be busting these moves out if Sunday goes to plan. Same goes for the end of the season. Fingers firmly crossed - we make it difficult but what a feeling when it all comes together eh! Bobby knows what I'm talking about.

Ducado said:
northendonton said:
left the pub with 30secs to go fkn ragin 3 mins later the world is a better place thot they could have played till easter an still not scored
they shud be trashing teams like that tho alls well etc

No we should not, they are a good team we beat them it was not nice but a win is a win and may be a monkey off the teams back

just back home after working out of tele range took a pasting on here
for saying we should trounce teams like the one villawho put out the were not C/l level and 2nd time round we stuffed them GIRUY for those not aquainted with the scottish venacular
Get It Right Up Ye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.