Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Re: Embarrassing, On And Off The Pitch

Tricky_Trev said:
argyle said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Hopefully you've now learned a valuable lesson.

Thou shall not talk shit on BM whilst a match is actually still being played as you end up looking like a right nob end.

Haha, agreed. I said last night as I read some of the comments after the game that some posters would quickly wish that match-thread was deleted as some of the comments on there were priceless!!

Some, although shot down by the majority, were posting that Mancini be sacked and Mourinho brought in!!
Our Matchday Forum is the worst place to be on the Internet.

Never go there anymore - full of idiots !

Yeah, some of the posts are along the lines of:

"Barry mis-placed a pass, he's shit."

2 minutes later by same poster:

"Great pass by Barry, he's great and doesn't get the praise he deserves!"

argyle said:

cud be passion, ffs i was screaming at yaya all nite, he made one gd run ending with a decent cross, gave ball away all nite, but hes still part of a team, shit or not.
we all slag off players, but we forget when they score do sumit good, its called passion and as a city fan you should have passion a bundle, i remember old days, many times screaming my head off, nicky summerbee was a classic example. a lazy sod, kippax foreva screaming at him, but when he he did sumit gd, then hes awesome.

PASSION!!!!

samharris said:
3 points, iffy display..I'm happy though...

The rags won many a championship like this. They can thank Schmeichel alone for three or four

welsh_andy said:
argyle said:

cud be passion, ffs i was screaming at yaya all nite, he made one gd run ending with a decent cross, gave ball away all nite, but hes still part of a team, shit or not.
we all slag off players, but we forget when they score do sumit good, its called passion and as a city fan you should have passion a bundle, i remember old days, many times screaming my head off, nicky summerbee was a classic example. a lazy sod, kippax foreva screaming at him, but when he he did sumit gd, then hes awesome.

PASSION!!!!

Passion has nothing to do with judging a player/managers career solely on the last 15 seconds.

The truth is that whilst they're all typing out their misinformed little rants on here, they're probably missing several passages of play that contradict their post.

People should wait until the dust has settled before typing such drivel.

Yes, it's different at the game and it's human to voice dissatisfaction with a teams performance but if people started chanting Mancini/Silva/Yaya out every time they made a poor decision then we'd look like a right set of twats.

ban-mcfc said:
CityFan94 said:
Dzeko..what happened? Who was that big guy at the start of the season who was banging them in for us? He was shocking last night. Souness was spot on, his hold-up play was so bad, it just bounced off him. The smaller players such as Silva and Nasri should have been feeding off Dzeko at an angle, but they can't do that if he can't retain the ball. If he starts on Sunday, we don't have a chance. I don't think he will though.

I took this from the BBC website and it just goes to compliment the above (never mind the crap in Munich when subbed).

"Mancini still backed his instincts to fill midfield more and put Yaya Toure closer to Dzeko, whose performance was so poor he could have been substituted at any stage without complaint."

I'll start with the bad stuff we learned from last night:

1) Dzeko was absolutely awful. He didn't look like he was capable of controlling the ball, never mind scoring.

2) Yaya was poor for me as well. His shooting was terrible. It was a bad performance all round for me, but Yaya and Dzeko stood out in particular.

3) Silva and Nasri lacked attacking flare we've seen in The League. Very disappointed with Silva, probably main culprit for first goal.

4) When we're losing 1-0, I think any idiot could realise that taking Johnson off- someone who attacks and tries to go round players- was a bad idea. Maybe if it was for Aguero, then Mancini may have a point, but not Barry.

5) I still think we need Tevez. We needed a forward with strength, skill and the ability to score last night, none of which Dzeko has.

I've had my moan, so here's some good points.

1) Kolarov was very good yesterday. When the rest of the team looked asleep, he was willing to put balls in the box and attack the defence.

2) I may be wrong, but the last time I can remember us winning a game that late was in 2005 when Richards score against Villa in the F.A. Cup. Hopefully we are starting to realise we have to play and attack until the final whistle.

3) That goal clearly was very important to Mancini. Rather than this typical fist in the air, he celebrated like a fan does.

4) Milner is improving quickly and Aguero is just brilliant.

5) We are still in the group of death, and we have a very good chance of qualifying. Since Villareal are out, I'd like to think they won't really care when we play them next, and so we should bag an easy 3 points. If we then get a point or a win at Napoli that will be ideal. Presumably Munich will win their next two matches, so they may have already won the group by the time we face them. So if they play a weakened side, I can see us getting a point or even a win.

6) United were shite last night, I don't think we will lose on Sunday!!

paul.manc said:
4) When we're losing 1-0, I think any idiot could realise that taking Johnson off- someone who attacks and tries to go round players- was a bad idea. Maybe if it was for Aguero, then Mancini may have a point, but not Barry.

We scored not long after the substitution and went on to win the game.

Mancini was right to change things as the result proves.

TheMightyQuinn said:
paul.manc said:

We scored not long after the substitution and went on to win the game.

Mancini was right to change things as the result proves.

Sorry if you disagree, but I don't think Barry was fundamental in Aguero's goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.