Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Just watched the replay.

Am I paranoid or was the commentary about 50 decibels and half an octave lower than it would have been if it was Rooooooneeeeeeeeeeeey in scoring a last second winner.

Tyler almost sounded disappointed.

CityFan94 said:
Wow, that was an emotional rollercoaster!

We didn't play well last night. We had a lot of the ball and should have created more chances. We didn't pass the ball quick enough in the final third, that's what you need to break down a solid unit like Villareal. Bad performance, but great result done in an incredible fashion. Absolutely delighted with the result!

Individually, we were poor. I didn't think Zabaleta played well, despite his cross for the winner. He tried hard, but there is a glaring lack of real quality in final third from him. Last night proved Richards is so far ahead of Zaba. I didn't think Kompany looked solid at all, he kept getting skinned, very strange. Lescott was solid, impressed with him. Kolorov was brilliant! Really impressed with his attacking play, was probably our best player last night.

De Jong wasn't great last night. He was unbelievable last season, but he's not been the same this season. Maybe he's not 100% yet. When Yaya Toure was let off his leash, wow! I thought he was excellent last night, his driving runs from midfield are the best in the world, unstoppable. He's got to play attacking midfield on Sunday. Johnson was unlucky to come off so early, I thought he was playing really well and gave us that natural width. I understand the decision was tactical, but it should have been Nasri. Nasri was very poor last night, again. Since the Tottenham game, it's not happened for him at all. He floats out of games too easily for me, he'll do nothing for like ten minutes! Silva wasn't at his best last night, but he's still the best player in the Premiership. I don't know what went wrong with Silva, even his passing wasn't great. I dont think we can play Silva and Nasri in the same team, they're too similar. I think they're both playmakers, in that "number ten role". Nasri should just play when Silva needs rested in my opinion, as Nasri is not good out wide at all, he's only good centrally.

Dzeko..what happened? Who was that big guy at the start of the season who was banging them in for us? He was shocking last night. Souness was spot on, his hold-up play was so bad, it just bounced off him. The smaller players such as Silva and Nasri should have been feeding off Dzeko at an angle, but they can't do that if he can't retain the ball. If he starts on Sunday, we don't have a chance. I don't think he will though.

The subs all played well. Barry came on and was solid, he didn't hide, got on the ball a lot and his passing was good. Milner was class when he came on, he didn't put a foot wrong. He has to start on Sunday, he's finally recaptured his Villa form.

Our team for Sunday should be:
----------------Hart---------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
-----------De Jong--Milner---------
Silva-----------Toure---------Aguero
--------------Balotelli--------------

this!!!

moomba said:
Just watched the replay.

Am I paranoid or was the commentary about 50 decibels and half an octave lower than it would have been if it was Rooooooneeeeeeeeeeeey in scoring a last second winner.

Tyler almost sounded disappointed.

This is true,i was thinking exactly the same thing

johnny crossan said:
sir peace frog said:
silva went to the near post the ball was played slightly behind him,he tried to back heel flick it in(ha ha wtf am i talking about) got a very slight touch,when it went in i was looking for the linesman,i thought that it wouldnt count
but as jumanji's pic shows that would have been a triple tragic travesty
Image7.jpg
Fuck me did a playschool kid draw that

4.215 million people in Spain watched Villarreal's trip to the Etihad last night on TV, making it the most watched program in Spain by more than 700,000 viewers and claiming a 23.3% share for Spanish television.

Re: Embarrassing, On And Off The Pitch

rickmcfc said:
A shocking team performance all round. This was the game where we should have won and put ourselves in a much better position to go through. The players simply didnt want this tonight and didnt even look interested.

Off the pitch, the fans throwing stuff at the players, your a disgrace and i hope you get banned. What an embarrassment to MCFC you are. Hang your heads in shame.

In summary, tonight should have ..................................oh Aguero just scored so fuck everything ive just said!!!

Hopefully you've now learned a valuable lesson.

Thou shall not talk shit on BM whilst a match is actually still being played as you end up looking like a right nob end.

TheMightyQuinn said:
rickmcfc said:
A shocking team performance all round. This was the game where we should have won and put ourselves in a much better position to go through. The players simply didnt want this tonight and didnt even look interested.

Off the pitch, the fans throwing stuff at the players, your a disgrace and i hope you get banned. What an embarrassment to MCFC you are. Hang your heads in shame.

In summary, tonight should have ..................................oh Aguero just scored so fuck everything ive just said!!!

Thou shall not talk shit on BM whilst a match is actually still being played as you end up looking like a right nob end.

Haha, agreed. I said last night as I read some of the comments after the game that some posters would quickly wish that match-thread was deleted as some of the comments on there were priceless!!

Some, although shot down by the majority, were posting that Mancini be sacked and Mourinho brought in!!

argyle said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
rickmcfc said:

Haha, agreed. I said last night as I read some of the comments after the game that some posters would quickly wish that match-thread was deleted as some of the comments on there were priceless!!

Some, although shot down by the majority, were posting that Mancini be sacked and Mourinho brought in!!
Our Matchday Forum is the worst place to be on the Internet.

argyle said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
rickmcfc said:

I don't understand the posters on the match day thread, how do they find time to watch the game and post shit on here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.