Post Match Reaction Thread (Please post in here)

I never post after matches, to be honest I don't really post much at all but I have seen enough today.

I'm sick and tired of all this defensive rubbish "trying to grind out a draw", its pathetic. I feel that if we had started with a little bit more pace and width, SWP, AJ, the result would have been a lot different.

Richards

What was the point in making that challenge and basically costing us the game. Fucking useless. Wish we had sold the useless twat to Chelsea.

So Many Problems In The Team

No pressure from anyone until they hit our 18 yard box
No tempo whatsoever in our game
Incapable of countering
Nobody is clicking together
No flair
Incapable of keeping the ball (which is ironic considering that is what our whole game is based around)
No imagination from anyone other than Silva
No width
Slow and dull

Same shite different game. Sort it out, Roberto.

Scoring from Open play....

When did we last score from open play, or look like scoring..? I'm not counting Silva's against Wigan, that was a howler. This is a worry; Dynamo Kiev(A) we didn't score; Home leg it was a free kick; Reading was a header. Today we didn't- not that I expected too.

This isn't knee jerk, I wanted to post this the other day. I said earlier on in the season that we relied on Tevez.....and his drop in form has proven that. Dzeko isn't good enough at the moment, and Balotelli is hit and miss.

Also, just as a side point, we have played the 'big 3' and lost 3, drawn 2 and won 1. Are Mancini's tactics working as well as he probably thinks they are...? I stuck by City during the years of Division Two football so am hardly going to give up now. We have never been in as good a position, so in that sense I am really 'enjoying' being a city fan, but I rarely enjoy actually watching us play as our style has just been so boring!!!

I have been negative at times this season, but never been against the manager. My faith is seriously decreasing though. The fact that Yaya was on the pitch for so long baffled me- he was either injured or just the laziest player in the world.

£300 million spent and somehow Mancini has managed to turn us into the slowest, most pedestrian, predictable, boring team imagineable.

Top four or no top four I will be amazed if Mancini is still manager next season. If the board have any sense whatsoever they will be seriously looking for our next manager, someone who will look at the talent we have in our squad and will set us up to play accordingly!

For those that have their heads buried deep in the sand and who will undoubtedly point out that we are in an FA Cup semi and sit 4th in the league my response would be that anyone could manage the squad we have into 4th position and most of them would do it without falling out with our best players and without playing shite, boring football.

Scoring from Open play....

When did we last score from open play, or look like scoring..? I'm not counting Silva's against Wigan, that was a howler. This is a worry; Dynamo Kiev(A) we didn't score; Home leg it was a free kick; Reading was a header. Today we didn't- not that I expected too.

This isn't knee jerk, I wanted to post this the other day. I said earlier on in the season that we relied on Tevez.....and his drop in form has proven that. Dzeko isn't good enough at the moment, and Balotelli is hit and miss.

Also, just as a side point, we have played the 'big 3' and lost 3, drawn 2 and won 1. Are Mancini's tactics working as well as he probably thinks they are...? I stuck by City during the years of Division Two football so am hardly going to give up now. We have never been in as good a position, so in that sense I am really 'enjoying' being a city fan, but I rarely enjoy actually watching us play as our style has just been so boring!!!

I have been negative at times this season, but never been against the manager. My faith is seriously decreasing though. The fact that Yaya was on the pitch for so long baffled me- he was either injured or just the laziest player in the world.

Re: We are wasting our time

Thought the ref did all right today bar a few decisions. We need to stop blaming everyone else and actually sort out what's going wrong on the pitch.

If we are good enough we will win matches. Today we were not although played well for 60 minutes with no attacking presence.

The difference between us and Chelsea today

Team spirit. Their players aren't that much better than ours, our defence kept everyone especially Torres, Malouda and Lampard especially quiet today. However, you can tell our players aren't playing for each other and the club as much as Chelsea were, most witnessed when their first went in.

Unfortunately, the only thing we can do is stick with the same group (INCLUDING THE MANAGER!), and it WILL come in time. Knee jerk reactions get you no-where. Manchester United are a very very average team on paper, but the majority of them have played together for years and as a result sit (quite comfortably) at the top of the table, mainly as a result of the legacy that Ferguson as forged in his time there.

Winning a trophy will help speed this along, but chopping and changing and making 6 or 7 signings each season is counter-productive and will get us no-where fast. Have faith. We have the players, we have one of the most talented managers in the world, and next season we will shine. Half of our team today arrived in the summer, it will take them a season to get used not only to the Premiership itself, but to playing with each other, life in a new country away from family and friends, new tactics and a new set of fans.

To shamelessly steal and tweak a famous movie quote: If we build it, it will come.

Have faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.