Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

I just hope that what the club (Txiki in particular) learned from the two games is that you can't stand still anymore. The first team needs improving every summer, even if it's just one player as we've seen with Barca and Madrid in the past. We've spent the last three years adding to the squad depth instead of complementing our core of Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Kun who now are all that bit older and may have been robbed of giving this competition a fair wack when in their prime. Obviously, it's not just about bringing in players but I just think we need to start behaving like the elite club that we now are in future transfer windows.

The penalty wasn't the best but sergio has more than made up for us during the 4 years he has been here. A true city legend and hero. Overall barca were much better than us and the football they play is fantastic . All the best to them for the remainder of the competition.

Without FFP we would have started that game with Aguero, Suarez & possibly Messi upfront. Just think about that for a second.

FFP has had the desired effect of crippling our progress. We can buy Wilfried Bonys for £30m but what we need are galacticos to level the playing field. A Bale, a Ronaldo, a Neymar, a Suarez. We simply can't compete anymore & it's criminal.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Without FFP we would have started that game with Aguero, Suarez & possibly Messi upfront. Just think about that for a second.

FFP has had the desired effect of crippling our progress. We can buy Wilfried Bonys for £30m but what we need are galacticos to level the playing field. A Bale, a Ronaldo, a Neymar, a Suarez. We simply can't compete anymore & it's criminal.

PSG had the same FFP restrictions. How are they doing?

BigOscar said:
Proud of the effort from most of the lads, even if we are well short of Barca's quality. Best moments of the night other than Hart have to be Pellers showing Nasri and Yaya what he thought of them. He's finally had enough and I think most of us have as well. 3 or 4 aren't good enough, but those two lack something far more important than talent. Well done the others though, heads could have dropped but they didn't.

100 percent. I don't mind losing. But losing with these guys on the pitch is an embarrassment. They are not City and never have been.

Only Hart deserves to be in the next round..
We took a football lesson from Barca once again
Messi is the best player in the world i ve ever seen
We are to slow , not a proper counter attack
We need a new coach, a new team and a new plan immediatelly. Competition is huge in Engand and Europe. We have to be quick or we will be dead

Was it just me who got pissed off with the Barcelona love-in by Shreeves and Red Nev? It's like they were going to go for a bukkake party with the team after the game.

They were beating each other off every time Messi moved. Got right on my tits.

I thought we were pretty shit to be honest, Barca played well for 20 minutes, but we could still have lost 10-0.

To me it emphasised who we need rid of in this squad, and its quite a few......

Those that were good enough tonight....

Hart, brilliant tonight (but he's not always).
Kompany, a couple of early mistakes, but did well otherwise, defenders will make mistakes against their front 3.
Demechelis, as above.
Fernandhino, our best player after Joe.
Milner, not the greatest footballer, but he never stops trying or gives up, and will play anywhere, as he had to tonight to cover other shortcomings.
Silva, tried and tried to create, difficult night for him, and he's not on his best form.

The rest were average to dreadful.

Sagna, did we sign his twin brother ? didn't put a foot right all night. Useless going forward, pretty useless defending too.
Nasri, back to f**king useless, and should have been sent off, played like a prick tonight.
Yaya, lazy bastard unless we were heading towards their goal, and their goal highlights why we need to get rid soon, we need a better team player than that.

All need to go.

Kolarov, was OK, and had a tough job, but that stupid foul on Messi, is every reason why we need to get rid.

Aguero, wasn't good either, doesn't do enough for the team in games like this for me, doesn't ever defend from the front, its required at this level. I have some sympathy for him as he was utterly isolated, but on more than one occasion tried to be billy big bollocks when a pass would have put a colleague in with a better chance.

As for the subs....

Navas, runs about a lot, tries, but completely useless as any kind of threat.
Bony, where to start ? we played with 10 men once he came on.
Lampard, the game was at his pace when he came on, but he offered little even then.

We need a HUGE shake up in the summer, we are light years behind Barcelona and the like, much like the rest of the PL.

Of those not involved tonight.

Mangala, needs time, but needs to up his game.
Zab, is far better even off form than Sagna.
Jovetic, gone.
Fernando, also needs time, but I can't see it working.

Clichy, I'm comfortable with.
Boyata, I'd keep because he can fill in.

As for the PL, this season needs to be a big wake up call, I couldn't personally give a shite for the other clubs really, but while our league might be competitive, and exciting, its nowhere near good enough in europe.

Its no embarrassment losing to Barcelona, who are good anyway, and are on top form right now, however, we are light years behind that level.

Oh, and the TV commentary and punditry tonight, f**k off, you'd be right behind any other english club, but you are w*nkers about City on a regular basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.