Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Ducado said:
lancs blue said:
the blue panther said:
Hart, Silva and Aguero are the only players in our squad who could get in their squad. Only Hart could get in their 1st eleven.
We need a complete rebuild. Zab and Kompany could recover their old form, but, there's been no real sign of it this season so you have to wonder whether they will just become squad players for us, or be moved on along with the rest of the rubbish we have overpaid for in the last 2 years - including Bony!

And along with the DoF who signed them?

Can you and a few other just give it a rest, or at least post it in the relevant thread

Excuse me?? It's a valid point in response to BP's highlighted comment.

bugsyblue said:
mancitymark said:
shallyman said:
Only player who had Barca back-peddling was Yaya. Game was over as soon as he was taken off.

This wins the most ridiculous post of the evening ..

He should never wear our fucking shirt again

No, that is the most ridiculous post of the evening.

And you need to read the other posts .................. Jesus, makes me wonder how rose tinted some peoples glasses are .

pazzo said:
People who are claiming we played better than in the first leg are insane, you have got to be joking. Hart saved us from what should have been a humiliation. An honest result would be 6-1, what the fuck were you watching, they absolutely destroyed us. Result is very very kind to us. Our performance from the first game especially in the second half was miles better.
PS Why did we buy Bony? Why is he playing?

FFS give Bony a chance, he's only been here 5 minutes.
For all the reasons you could have picked that we didn't perform, you have to mention Bony ??????????

I bet Barca couldn't believe their luck when less than a few minutes in they realised we wasn't going to bother defending. Yaya was pathetic, walking around the centre circle whilst Fernandinho busted his arse trying to cover the entire midfield on his own. It must be so demoralising for yaya's partner when playing against the big teams knowing you're going to get no support defensively whatsoever. You don't go into a champions league match so defensively naive and have any hope of winning. We are so easy to play through it's criminal. And this isn't just a case of coming up against a great team it's been happening all season against relegation fodder, we just don't see it as much because we tend to dominate the ball. Joe Hart was phenomenal and i thought Demichelis had a very good game too, proving yet again to be the best defender at the club. Kun could of gave us a credible result but in reality we were never anywhere near them.

A lot better from the majority of the team tonight,but joe hart what a performance from him,kept us in the game,just a shame Sergio's pen was saved as you just never know what could have happened.On now to sat and a big game against west brom where 3 points is a must..

Ok, barca are better than us, big surprise eh?
Some excellent performances tonight, especially Joe and to a lesser extent Dinho. Sad to say but I don't think the Yaya of old will be coming back, but we'll move on eventually.
Lot of haters about tonight... all I can say is that you're very lucky; when I was your age I had to go to bed at nine o clock!

Time to rebuild and go for a different style of play, we need players with energy in the centre of the park to even give our defence a chance, that means Yaya has to be shown the door, he cannot play the role Pellegrini wants he's far too slow now, the onky way he can survive in this team is to play behind Aguero.
Aguero has become far too selfish I think this has come from the desperation he feels within the team, I can honestly see him going at the end of the season and we use the money to rebuild around hopefully Pogba, he must surely see that this current team are light years off winning the CL. If he stays he needs lots of support again this points to getting rid of Yaya and I'd say Nasri as well, he slows the game down far too much for me and his attitude stinks, I'm all for having fight in your game but he's a slapped arse at the best of times and appears every fifth game if we are lucky.
We need a right back, Sagna ain't the answer and I'm afraid Zabas best days are behind him he's too slow now, same with Kolarov, I'd keep Clichy but we need a decent back up.
Centre halves I think will come good Mangala and Kompany will return to form, but midfield needs sorting otherwise we will struggle next season. I think we need to get some youth coming through as well, at least blood them to see if they are good enough.

baildon blue said:
pazzo said:
People who are claiming we played better than in the first leg are insane, you have got to be joking. Hart saved us from what should have been a humiliation. An honest result would be 6-1, what the fuck were you watching, they absolutely destroyed us. Result is very very kind to us. Our performance from the first game especially in the second half was miles better.
PS Why did we buy Bony? Why is he playing?
Yes your right City were out classed .
But was miles better than the Burnley match .

I dont see how it could have been worst than the Burnley game, not the game we should use as a comparison point...

Quotes from pellegrini post match conference.
Manuel Pellegrini's just arrived for his post-match press conference so let's hear a little more for him - starting with an explanation for Pablo Zabaleta's omission.

"Pablo was not 100% recovered - he had some problems with his hamstring - and Mangala had problems with his calf."

PELLEGRINI ON TITLE CHASE

"It's difficult because we are six points behind but we have nine games to play. We have to now focus on the Premier League. We'll see what happens but I hope we will recover."

PELLEGRINI: BARCA TOO GOOD

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini gracious in defeat

"We were against a better team, without doubt. Especially Messi. It's very difficult to beat Barcelona. We improved in the second half by taking risks which we had to take.

"Maybe we'll still think about what happened if we scored the penalty. Of course it was an important moment because we had to play 15 minutes more after that. Maybe Barca wouldn't play the same.

"I think we had to keep the ball more but I repeat that this Barcelona team is very good. We must improve if we want to be successful in Europe."

lancs blue said:
Ducado said:
lancs blue said:
And along with the DoF who signed them?

Can you and a few other just give it a rest, or at least post it in the relevant thread

Excuse me?? It's a valid point in response to BP's highlighted comment.

I think he means can you put it in the big Txiki Begiristain thread please?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.