Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

The defence were all over the shop and thanks to Hart we won that game.

Aguero has got to start taking some of these chances he is getting. He won the penalty with a great piece of skill and took it brilliantly but he has got to score one of those first half chances.

Overall as admitted by Hart, De Bruyne and Pellegrini for much of the match we didn't play well but for the last 20 mins we did and the result was just what we needed. Play like that against a good side in Europe and we will be hammered.

Bad first half. Hart kept us in it.

Much better second half. Much better in trying until the very end, this created the penalty.

Otemendi and Demechelis will be criticised but they've hardly played together and been thrown in at the deep end.

Kolarov's defending gives me heart palpitations.

I think its increasingly evident Yaya can't hack it in a 2man midfield in europe, our defense all over the place. However the amount of chances we made for Aguero was encouraging, only a matter of time till he hits form again and he'll be banging them in for fun.

And also, Joe Hart you sexy fuck.

Bad first half. Hart kept us in it.

Much better second half. Much better in trying until the very end, this created the penalty.

Otemendi and Demechelis will be criticised but they've hardly played together and been thrown in at the deep end.

Kolarov's defending gives me heart palpitations.

I thought we had the better of the first half barring a mare 5 minute spell where they had 3 chances. 2nd half we were awful until they scored.

Since this was the front four line-up that many wanted. What's the verdict so far? Granted it's one game but needs a bit of work.

Silva obviously is not yet 100% but looks promising
Because otamendi and Demi aren't fast if kolarov or either of them two make a mistake it's hard for them to recover so there defending has to be on point. If we had mangala or kompany playing we could afford a miss timed challenge or a player slightly out of position because them two 9 times out of 10 will recover it.

Edit sorry I miss read. I thought you said back four :p

Sergio just needs one to go in off his arse , he never goes hiding, thought he was unlucky tonight as opposed to being poor, he will soon be off and running.

Different game if he had put that first chance away.

Get the defence sorted, get a Silva 100% let Yaya recover, and get Kun firing like his old self, and we'll be ok! The international break will hopefully help!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.