Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were unlucky because for the most part we bossed that game and had the game under control.

They produced two good moments and I can't remember much else from them. Both defences predictably were on top. Their 2nd goal just came from nothing. Great piece of skill but he had to put it onto the inside of the post to score. If he tried that 10 times again, I bet he couldn't do it again.

Juve will get better as the season goes on and they bed in.

Sorry Marvin, but we didn't boss that game. In fact, I would say we played right into Juve's hands - right from the tunnel before the game to when we came off at the end. Our manager hasn't a clue in Europe, making the same mistakes over and over again, and our players are weak willed pussies when it comes to taking on anyone decent.

La Juventus took a break from the Serie A and has been resting players and preparing for this game, methinks. While some blues arrived knackered after 5 grinding games, including an assault by the fucking old **** Pardew's thugs on our players.

Fernandinho the blues MOTM. Merlin was at his lowest. Yaya did okay.

But the charming man is looking clueless at this competition. Should've shut shop at one nil and avoid risking our players.

I was at the game,just got back and we were not shite!! We controlled the game for long periods but we just didn't have enough quality upfront.Bony doesn't look like a fit for us but it is early days. Nasri kept the ball well as did Ya Ya and both had good games. What surprised me was how many times we cheaply gave the ball away, especially in the second half and when under no pressure which led to the first goal,was it Silva or Nasri lost it? The ball then floats over and neither Mangala or Hart went for it but no idea how the forward got it in from there i thought he had missed and i was right behind that goal. The second goal no one went to the forward who just waltzed through two players and buried it. We had chances to win the game but a couple of bad misses and some good saves from Buffoon and that was that, disappointing isn't the word at 1-0 we should have seen the game out.

Bony has hardly played and you expect him to produce just like that. How is the comment about Navas relevant to tonight's game?

Juve were finalists yet most people I heard thought City were the better team so we can't be that bad. At this level, games turn on details, and we Juve produced two moments of high quality

Bony this, Navas that is just miles off
I apologise it was Nasri I meant to mention. As regards Bony I stand by my comments on his performance.

Sell Bony this winter please. I miss you Edin Dzeko.

Nasri was awful against Crystal Palace and Pelle start him tonight. You don't start Nasri if you have Silva, we needed Navas because our squad missed dynamic players, because like always our pressing is shit.
Bollocks - Nasri was not awful against Palace. - obviously it is about opinions.......

Oh and City may as well scrap their Terms & Conditions, bin them and just make them up from week to week. Because one of their T&Cs is that only home fans can purchase tickets in the home end - that's a fucking laugh isn't it? What a joke. Juve fans were everywhere and I was moved from my seat to accommodate them (and they didn't tell me until after I'd already paid for the seat I thought I was going to sit in, you know, where I always sit!). But I suppose I only paid £35 and they probably paid £65 so they don't give a flying fuck about me and don't give a fuck about segregation and don't give a fuck about the line of stewards between the usual away section, may as well sack that off and sack the away section off and just let it be a free for all, any fans of any club anywhere.

Fucking joke!

I think I'll take a crate of Guinness in next time and just say "fuck your rules, you don't follow them so why should I?!"

People are confusing 'controlling the game' with Juventus allowing us to pass it in front their entire 11.

You beat me to it. We may have had more possession but didn't boss the game. For the most part Juve defended well. Then, when they were forced to counter-attack they did what they needed at the other end.

Says it all joe hart had nothing to do bar one decent save tonight,but still ends up picking the ball out of the net twice....
I am not sure we created that much either. Didn't deserve to lose but if you don't take your chances then this is what can happen at this level. The opposition have players who can kill you in a moment. That is why the Champions League is so much better than the Premiership. Tonight was seriously intense as well in midfield. Noticed a real step up in the pace of the game and midfield players had zero time on the ball in midfield. You lose overall perspective from row 1, but you are much more aware of the physical side of the game, and the midfield players on both sides had zero time on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.