Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

East Level 2 said:
de niro said:
mancity1 said:
The worrying aspect is that we are not creating the real guilt edge chances that even a half fit Kun and others can put way.

Again which seems to be common occurrance at home this season is our terrible second halfs and woeful defending against poor opposition.

Burnley (2) , Sunderland (2) , Stoke (1), Arsenal (1) , CSKA (2) , Boro (2) , Newcastle (1) and Sunderland aside without reply.

That hasn't happened since the Leslie days and even then in most cases we were able to egg out a draw.

How many more times do we have to watch this broken record before MP and his leaders on and off the field do something about it FFS.

If it happens again I would suggest the owners will have no alternative but to do something about MP.

The defending is costing us. We need a settled back five. MP has to stop rotating the defence. Madness
I agree, but if they aren't rotated then whoever replaces Vinnie when he's suspended or injured will be rusty when he comes in. More to the point, we will struggle to recruit squad defenders if they know they'll only be picked at times of injury or suspension. We don't just want two players for each position, we want two good players and players who are good enough for a team in the top two don't want to be on the bench most of the time.
The difference between EDS/Reserves/whatever and the first team seems to be significantly greater than thirty years ago and while a game for the stiffs might be part of the recovery process it's hardly the right level to prepare for a PL game. MP isn't in an easy position.

the problem is they play like they are rusty anyway, they are like complete strangers out there. every time we rotate at the back we lose. we are blessed with some incredible players, players that other managers look on in envy, its crime when we dont play them. the first thing it does is give the other team a bigger lift than any team talk can.there are times you have to change a player, an injury, a red card, stuff like that, but to weaken ourselves voluntary is madness especially in cup games, in the prem you have the season to make it right, with a cup you dont.
yes we can still win the prem, we can even dream of a CL triumph but the fa and in fact the league were there to be won. based on the target of 5 trophies had i been pellers i would grabbed both these whilst i could.

People always go on about smaller clubs and how fantastic their support is i.e. Boro fans on Saturday and yet their average gate is about 17,000 in a ground that holds 34,000 and they got around 33,000 when in the Premier League i.e. have lost half of their support by dropping down a division. Also Bradford have 6,000 at Chelsea and are apparently amazing and yet their average gate is 10,000 in a 25,000 stadium i.e. less than half full. Similarly with Sheff Wed in Round 3, and yet all these clubs have half empty grounds most of the time.

Surely support is great when following a team on hum drum fixture days as well.

de niro said:
East Level 2 said:
de niro said:
The defending is costing us. We need a settled back five. MP has to stop rotating the defence. Madness
I agree, but if they aren't rotated then whoever replaces Vinnie when he's suspended or injured will be rusty when he comes in. More to the point, we will struggle to recruit squad defenders if they know they'll only be picked at times of injury or suspension. We don't just want two players for each position, we want two good players and players who are good enough for a team in the top two don't want to be on the bench most of the time.
The difference between EDS/Reserves/whatever and the first team seems to be significantly greater than thirty years ago and while a game for the stiffs might be part of the recovery process it's hardly the right level to prepare for a PL game. MP isn't in an easy position.

the problem is they play like they are rusty anyway, they are like complete strangers out there. every time we rotate at the back we lose. we are blessed with some incredible players, players that other managers look on in envy, its crime when we dont play them. the first thing it does is give the other team a bigger lift than any team talk can.there are times you have to change a player, an injury, a red card, stuff like that, but to weaken ourselves voluntary is madness especially in cup games, in the prem you have the season to make it right, with a cup you dont.
yes we can still win the prem, we can even dream of a CL triumph but the fa and in fact the league were there to be won. based on the target of 5 trophies had i been pellers i would grabbed both these whilst i could.

Thing is we all agree rotation is a double edged sword, but we tend to assume its done for the reason of simply resting players and to keep others interested. We don't really know the ins and outs of why someone is rotated. Could be carrying a knock, not impressed during the week leading up to the game, different tactic or whatever. As fans all we can do is suck it up, accept its happening for whatever reason and hope whoever is on the pitch delivers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.