Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

NoahCity said:
Just watched highlights of the game; we didn't play nearly as bad as has been stated here.

me too, what the f*** was fernando doing on their first goal!! ROW Z MAN!
there was absolutely no need to try the back pass at that point

All that coverage of the trip to the sun, it really is very embarrassing, must have been a shock stepping back into winter (the night before the game!) after a week of pampering. Yeah, great preparation!

We need to win at Chelsea, or the seasons over, and they don't lose to many down at their place, and after Bradford thrashing, I can see them sweating blood this week. so thats what we need to do.

SJT said:
All that coverage of the trip to the sun, it really is very embarrassing, must have been a shock stepping back into winter (the night before the game!) after a week of pampering. Yeah, great preparation!

We need to win at Chelsea, or the seasons over, and they don't lose to many down at their place, and after Bradford thrashing, I can see them sweating blood this week. so thats what we need to do.

Yeah I agree 8 point gap with 15 games left nobody could ever win the league from a position like that. O yeah forgot about chumps league as well.

Of course it is important to defend better than what we are at the minute but if we put the ball in the net when we should and have done in the past it would take the pressure off the defenders a bit. Score 1/2 of the chances created then the defensive side of it would become easier and the mistakes wouldnt be highlighted as much.

Anything can happen in the cup and it wasn't just us losing against a weaker team at weekend.

I think it will do us good not being in the cup anyway, lets focus on CL.

the trip away did nothing to our lack of inventiveness or determination to win . this was just another pellers promise to take the cups seriously and yet again play crap. everybody knows a defense including goalie play better when they play together regularly but have we played with the same five this season. pellers never said we would defend but not playing a left cb when both are fit is pathetic

Typical City up in the clouds one minute down in the dumps the next. It doesn't matter who the players are or who the manager is we are past masters at shooting ourselves in the foot. We must stop shipping silly goals but to do that we need some decent defenders Mangala Clichy Sanga forget it

de niro said:
mancity1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
We didn't,but we were expected to win.......and a few individual nightmares,coupled with a lack of ideas, made the entire scenario seem a whole lot worse.It was more disappointing as the result was so avoidable.

The worrying aspect is that we are not creating the real guilt edge chances that even a half fit Kun and others can put way.

Again which seems to be common occurrance at home this season is our terrible second halfs and woeful defending against poor opposition.

Burnley (2) , Sunderland (2) , Stoke (1), Arsenal (1) , CSKA (2) , Boro (2) , Newcastle (1) and Sunderland aside without reply.

That hasn't happened since the Leslie days and even then in most cases we were able to egg out a draw.

How many more times do we have to watch this broken record before MP and his leaders on and off the field do something about it FFS.

If it happens again I would suggest the owners will have no alternative but to do something about MP.

The defending is costing us. We need a settled back five. MP has to stop rotating the defence. Madness
I agree, but if they aren't rotated then whoever replaces Vinnie when he's suspended or injured will be rusty when he comes in. More to the point, we will struggle to recruit squad defenders if they know they'll only be picked at times of injury or suspension. We don't just want two players for each position, we want two good players and players who are good enough for a team in the top two don't want to be on the bench most of the time.
The difference between EDS/Reserves/whatever and the first team seems to be significantly greater than thirty years ago and while a game for the stiffs might be part of the recovery process it's hardly the right level to prepare for a PL game. MP isn't in an easy position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.