Post Match Thread - City vs Palace

Don't think navas deserves the abuse that he gets. I realise that there is always a scapegoat eg kolarov and dzeko a few seasons ago but he's a regular starter in our team and look at the start we've had! His work rate is brilliant and shouldn't be underestimated, like sterling he gives us the natural width and pace that we need. Granted he needs to improve his crossing and shooting but give him a break!

Yes and we could have nicked it too.

It's unfortunate Aguero got injured and that was a bad tackle but how were we worse than you when it came to physicality? Yaya, Mangal and Nasri all put in hard challengers themselves.
Not at knee height when the fouled player had left the opponent for dead and taken the ball yards away while he was off an running mate. I cant remember a bad foul from any City player. I would say the only cynical one was the professional foul Mangala committed around the centre circle when Palace were breaking away on the counter

I don't get what you mean by hindsight? Did you mean insight? If so thanks. I try my best.
you're going on about chances created and if they all scored them it would have been a draw.
latest

Not at knee height when the fouled player had left the opponent for dead and taken the ball yards away while he was off an running mate. I cant remember a bad foul from any City player. I would say the only cynical one was the professional foul Mangala committed around the centre circle when Palace were breaking away on the counter
Yeh that was a bad foul and could have been a red. I won't deny that. It was bad challenge. Yaya did a really bad foul down in the corner and Nasri tried to take Bolasie out too. Both pretty bad fouls, though not as bad as the Danns one.

What's this penalty they should have had? Why no mention of the blatant red card that dirty **** should have received?
Dann is not a dirty player. He did one bad foul yesterday. The pen was when Fernandinho kicked Cabaye in the box. Kompany got the ball then Fernandinho kicked him his ankle.

I am just discussing the game, because I like discussing football. It was a good win for City after an international weak which is never easy. I believe we played well and did not enough for a draw, but wasn't to be. It's the sort of game we could have nicked had Gayle's shot gone in, but like last season I wouldn't say that was deserved either.

I won't wear the blue blinkers, Yaya booted somebody up in the air about 5 minutes after the Aguero incident, he went right through them.

However it was never a penalty, VK got the ball and the Palace player felt a touch (from Fernandinho) and went down easy.

What's this penalty they should have had? Why no mention of the blatant red card that dirty **** should have received?

It is a wonder MOTD didn't make a fuss about it.- John Motson "queried" the tackle by Ferny1.
Foul on Nasri was more of a penalty.

bang on Billy.

Surprised if idiots criticising Nasri - deserved a start yday as looked good off the bench in all his previous games. Has the ability to be a top player - just needs the focus and it looks like he has it this season.

Yes and we could have nicked it too.

It's unfortunate Aguero got injured and that was a bad tackle but how were we worse than you when it came to physicality? Yaya, Mangal and Nasri all put in hard challengers themselves.

Personally thought the conduct of your players, fans and manager was an absolute disgrace. Hope you drop down the division like a bucket of shit. Small time mentality.

The unsung hero for me is Bony. The guy is so strong and consistently holds the ball up with his back to goal allowing our midfield to come onto it. He wins the big hoofs-out and causes all sorts of problems for the opposing CBs. He is also deceptively good with the ball at his feet when facing goal. I feel sorry for him in many ways. In another team he would play every game when fit and lead the line superbly. For us he will be an occasional presence who will be called upon to mix things up when our preferred front 4 of Kun, KDB, Sterling and Silva need a shake up. It is a great option and a solid Plan B but something of a waste of his obvious talents. Furthermore with Kelechi now emerging as a serious talent I hope that he is happy to stay in the squad in the way that Edin was patently not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.