Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

Seriously.

I don't think he's there yet, he reminds me of Ronaldo at United in that he can often have an incredible effect on the game but lots of times he gets confused about where he is supposed to be going. Once that works itself out I think he'll not be that good but approach that standard. Rough diamond.

There's a reason the pros have just paid £50m for him and it isn't because he has fantastic hair.

Fucking hell, shocking stat on the BBC:

Manuel Pellegrini's side won 21 points from their opening nine league games but have claimed just 26 points from their subsequent 17 matches.

Fucking hell. Our season really has gone to shit.

Fucking hell.

Fucking hell, shocking stat on the BBC:

Manuel Pellegrini's side won 21 points from their opening nine league games but have claimed just 26 points from their subsequent 17 matches.
They have given up. Disgraceful.

Who says we will , still need plenty of points to finish fourth and I suspect the players have given up on this season.

You're right, i'm just saying we've actually got a chance, if there was a strong challenger in 5th i'd go as far as to say we won't even make the top 4. The worst thing is, some of us have been saying this for months on end, the problems have been there for everybody to see since October/November if they opened their eyes.

I'm far from a Pellegrini fan, but he got everything right for me today in selection and formation. Perhaps you could criticise the way he asks them to play, but I think that's a club philosophy now, we're just not executing it particularly well. Hopefully Pep will do a better job. Silva and Aguero didn't get anything going today, but overall I thought it was a decent team performance. Great to have Kompany back and without the penalty I don't think they would have scored if we played until Thursday. Second goal came as we went more attacking, and was a well worked goal IMO.

Today was 'one of those days'. Yes, we've had too many this season, but taken in isolation we were hugely unfortunate today IMO. The Spurs media love in can't change that. Clattenburg reinforced what we all know - he is a disgrace. That penalty decision tops the one against Micah a few years ago in terms of ridiculous handball decisions. That linesman too. Once you can excuse, twice is careless but three times starts to look premeditated. Cunts.

That said, if Bayern do relieve Pep early (and don't do something like put him on gardening leave) I would bring him in immediately. It's not worked under Pellegrini since his first season, and he was working with Mancini's tools then. He has taken us backwards in most areas, and we need the change sooner rather than later. It might give the existing squad a boost and allow Pep a head start on working with them and figuring out what he wants/need for next season.

The present is shit but the future has never looked brighter, we should focus on that.

Well, well.

The Blue moamers are in good voice today.

That was our best performance in ages. Spurs will be wondering how on earth they won that.

The dopey ref did it to us again.

Sometimes you just know you are not going to win the league but if we play as well as that today and keep that 11 fit then we will win a pot or two.

Its been a shocking season for various reasons but we are still the best team in the league no doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.