Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

To be honest City are looking a split second out, that's very costly i believe. Sterling running around like a darting headless chicken at times flapping his arms about. Kun, Silva have lost the edge, nothing but shyte passes and shyte shots that should be found & buried a lot better. We were not good enough, if we were we should have won 4-2 or the like, Penalty or not, the spuds played it cool and it paid. The Pep effect and the fact that we have injuries with many games to come? probably! Just my thoughts and nothing else!

This all day long. I can only fault MP with the constant inclusion of Yaya, who should have been shipped off in the summer, and the absolute lack of effort the players are giving. You morons can talk all day about substitution this, substitution that, but the only real lacking aspect for MP is his inability to turn around the direction of the squad and get the most of the players. It's been a slow, but constant downwards slide since the beginning of last season, and he doesn't know how to stick his foot up the ass of a lazy team.
I think Pellegrini has totally lost it. If he can't see that Toure is a passenger in the game he should not be managing MCFC. Toure is so poor if he can't see that then everything else is meaningless.

This is just not our season there's too many things going against us(injuries, poor form, bad luck, bad calls from the manager, bad refereeing... this has to turn around for us eventually though and form will return) and we are not getting the breaks we deserve thanks to the suspect referring against pretty much every top of the table team we've played against. I've not seen it mentioned but wasn't there an offside decision on Aguero (who was about to lay the ball off for sterling who would have been in) by the lino 2 mins before they scored the winner? Never offside even Quinn said it and he hates City. All the little things seem to be affecting us more than they should, Yaya shouldn't have taken that risk there(it is good that he wanted to start the attack again as soon as possible but it was the wrong time to risk it) and someone should have been following behind him incase he did lose it. The defending wasn't great there either, there was 4 defenders back against 2, if that happened at the other end of the field they wouldn't have caved so easily.

The concerning thing regarding the team today was that most posters appeared to be happy with the starting line up with the exception of Yaya, the mitigating factor was that at least he was playing in a forward position. As such i don't believe Pelle deserves stick for the line up, however it was clear early on that it just wasn't happening for Yaya and he should have been pulled at half time.

What baffled me is that he then took off Fernando to accomodate Nacho, there is no doubt the young kid was the right decision to come on but Yaya had to come off at that point, fuck me we all know that we can no longer la him in a midfield 2 but to try and do this against Spurs was madness verging on neglect. You can put your house on it that Yaya will start in the CL and the final against the dippers and no doubt at the end of the month we will all be bemoaning the decision.

I said in the match thread that Spurs were the better team and i stand by that, i know they got the luck today with the penalty but when i look at both teams I can only see us finishing behind them come May. They looked a lot more composed and organised and in the end they ground out the result they needed.

I would be surprised if we finish top 3 at the moment and i never thought i would be writing that back in September.

The players said they were worried about Pellers state of mind mid-week and he looked in a real state tonight. Irrespective of agendas on here I do genuinely worry about the rest of the season. It's sad to see him in the post game interview and just hope he has the ability to steer us to third. Fourth buys us nothing but a play-off game and a very early start to the season. We need third which at the moment seems a stretch.

If what you say is true then he would have put himself in this position . Oftentimes we do what has worked before and we do it hoping that it will eventually pay off . I believe a few of our players are aging rapidly and cannot cope with the intensity . It happens that thse players cannot simply do what they used to . I mean can Yaya do what he did in 2014 ? I know he started well in August /Sept 2015 but has he consistently continued in the way we know ? No . But there is a refusal to radically change this in management . We've all seen this before when we went on that great run last season up to Christmas then we stutteredthrough to eventually get 2nd when Chelsea had won it early. It's not just Yaya . MP must have known this pre season but now it's coming home to roost now that we are at the business end of the season. We've spent millions but we didn't shore up the gaps particularly in midfield . Yes injuries have denied us too but we simply have to make our own luck when players are missing and not rely on some hope of past glories particular players might gain us . That's why there is also the EDS . I'm not saying replace the big players but please MP hasgot to realise that intensity in the PL is not something a 30 something player can do for even 50-60 mins. Would it have hurt us today to start with Celina ? Or Nacho ? Or both? Just asking . Might the result have been any different ?? It's not " do anything " for the sake of it but rather use the legends we have to the best of their ability . It's so sad to see great players get destroyed . For their own good , tough decisions must be made . Then the pressure on MP might actually subside.

No he won't, he'll be out on loan to the likes of Derby County/Wolves....was mediocre last season with Liverpool, has been average with us and is suddenly going to become one of the best players in the league in 2 years time? Yeah, right.

No he won't, he'll be out on loan to the likes of Derby County/Wolves....was mediocre last season with Liverpool, has been average with us and is suddenly going to become one of the best players in the league in 2 years time? Yeah, right.

giphy.gif

To be honest City are looking a split second out, that's very costly i believe. Sterling running around like a darting headless chicken at times flapping his arms about. Kun, Silva have lost the edge, nothing but shyte passes and shyte shots that should be found & buried a lot better. We were not good enough, if we were we should have won 4-2 or the like, Penalty or not, the spuds played it cool and it paid. The Pep effect and the fact that we have injuries with many games to come? probably! Just my thoughts and nothing else!
Thought Silva was much better today, but like you I don't think we deserved to win. We only started to play when they scored.

It was a much better performance than Leicester and all the players were aggressive and committed (basic but missing against Leicester), however we didn't create many chancesor do enough to win it.

The injuries are hurting us, but Pellegrini is making some big mistakes too

Last year Manual admitted that we should enrich our attacking style. in fact he said it when we signed Sterling.
-He would help us play quicker and we wiil have counter attack as an option against the teams that are parking the bus

So i m asking ...
Did everyone saw this appoach at any mach ???

He was isolated. We were much better today but still way short of where we need to be.

We wont do anything until Toure is dropped, and if he managed to play the entire game when he was kanckered after 30 minute then Pellegrini is never going to drop him

agree with the first line but not entirely with the 2nd (however i do think Ya Ya needs replacing)

Only caught the first half as I'd managed to have a table booked for 17:30, forgetting the KO time.

With that in mind I can't paticulary comment on the second half showing (unfortunately).

First half we were OK, nothing more, nothing less. We didn't look a major threat but we did seem to be slightly more composed with Kompany back.

I was highly critical of the selection of Toure, I was of the opinion pre-game that we should have Iheanacho and Sterling playing wide off Aguero with Silva central. Disappointed to return home and not only be told by two friends of mine (London lads - Arsenal) that Toure was at fault for the goal and that Silva & Toure weren't offering much.

If my stomach wasn't full of sirloin steak and squid I'd probably find myself more irate. Unfortunately I'm somewhat resigned to defeat now.

I just want to sign this season off to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.