Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness that Scottish short arsed woman lost loads of seats as she'll hopefully now shut the fuck up.

May says Hi to Queeny, continues as though nothing has happened, carry on...

What have we learnt?

Corbyn should resign. No need for a leader who can't win anything.

May should also go. Bluff calling and failing.

Same goes for the poison dwarf.

After reading that I'm shocked you weren't sitting beside Dimbers all
night telling it as it is and keeping it real.

It would only take a handful of rebel tory MPs to vote against government (or abstain) to block a hard brexit deal. In theory that means we would leave the EU without a deal. But the reality would be those rebel MPs would also vote with the opposition to call a 2nd in/out referendum.

If the tories pursue a soft brexit then many leaver tory MPs would instinctively want to vote against it. But if they do it might still go through with the support of Labour MPs. Or the opposition might also vote against it as a way to engineer a 2nd referendum.

A soft brexit is now the only way of ensuring we leave the EU.

On the nose.

Times they are a changin'

I really think platforms such as Twitter and YouTube have played a significant role in helping Corbyn achieve a percentage of the overall vote which is similar /better than many previous Labour leaders.

I mean, didn't he achieve a higher percentage than one of Blairs election results?
Yes he's made a lot of bold statements in his manifesto to appease target groups but it is impressive and here I clearly see the tide turning with many people disengaged from the corporate mainstream media, and instead watching content either generated by us, the general public, and the parties themselves with their own direct propaganda via promoted tweets.

Fuck MSM.
Want power? You got to engage online.

You absolutely have. And again, this only highlights the importance of having an internet free of Government control.

It would only take a handful of rebel tory MPs to vote against government (or abstain) to block a hard brexit deal. In theory that means we would leave the EU without a deal. But the reality would be those rebel MPs would also vote with the opposition to call a 2nd in/out referendum.

If the tories pursue a soft brexit then many leaver tory MPs would instinctively want to vote against it. But if they do it might still go through with the support of Labour MPs. Or the opposition might also vote against it as a way to engineer a 2nd referendum.

A soft brexit is now the only way of ensuring we leave the EU.

there will not be a second referendum imo. leave would win if there was. you can't say its the only way because it isn't. who knows we might not even get a deal in which case we are out anyway. this election wasnt really fought on brexit, barely any of the parties even talked about it.

Times they are a changin'

I really think platforms such as Twitter and YouTube have played a significant role in helping Corbyn achieve a percentage of the overall vote which is similar /better than many previous Labour leaders.

I mean, didn't he achieve a higher percentage than one of Blairs election results?
Yes he's made a lot of bold statements in his manifesto to appease target groups but it is impressive and here I clearly see the tide turning with many people disengaged from the corporate mainstream media, and instead watching content either generated by us, the general public, and the parties themselves with their own direct propaganda via promoted tweets.

Fuck MSM.
Want power? You got to engage online.

You make some good points, but also I think you have to bear in mind we've been through 6 years of very painful cuts. Even people who believe (I would say "realise" but I don't want that to be argued over) the cuts are necessary, are feeling the pain and are pissed off.

It's entirely normal for a party that's been in power for some time, ESPECIALLY through difficult times, to have waned in their popularity. I think it would be foolish to assume that the young, for example are now energised and engaged in politics. It may very well be they simply turned up to get their £28,000. I would probably have voted Labour myself in those circumstances.

Is that 'citizens' or 'Cityzens'? Is your 'increasing number' a forecast or simply the fact that he's increased the popular vote and the number of Labour MPs to what is still a losing position. I cannot see Corbyn occupying 10 Downing Street. His views, unless he is gonna change them(!), on the whole subject of security, the economy and how you pay for your ideas, is classic left wing, and we've never had, and hopefully will never have, a left wing government. And that is a wholly left wing government, not just one that tilts a little to centre left.

I wouldn't bet on that. Labour were where at the beginning of this election? 27% and now they're nudging 41%.....Things can only get better....

You absolutely have. And again, this only highlights the importance of having an internet free of Government control.

Tories' £100,000 a month Facebook bill did not worked though. You need real engagement with people actually talking about and defending policies. The Student vote were very good at this.

Is that 'citizens' or 'Cityzens'? Is your 'increasing number' a forecast or simply the fact that he's increased the popular vote and the number of Labour MPs to what is still a losing position. I cannot see Corbyn occupying 10 Downing Street. His views, unless he is gonna change them(!), on the whole subject of security, the economy and how you pay for your ideas, is classic left wing, and we've never had, and hopefully will never have, a left wing government. And that is a wholly left wing government, not just one that tilts a little to centre left.

I can't see Corbyn ever winning an overall majority. But the tories are in such disarray (and the brexit negotiations aren't going to make that any better) that I think a Labour led coalition must be the most likely outcome of the next election, which could be within 2 years.

Not quite sure, but thinking further, I think that the sitting PM has first go at it. In case of majority, of course it's moot.

wikipedia;
When all the results are known, or when one party achieves an absolute majority of the seats in the House of Commons, the first response comes from the current (and possibly outgoing) Prime Minister. If a majority in the new Parliament has been achieved by their party, they remain in office without the need for reconfirmation or reappointment—no new "term" of office is started. If a majority has not been achieved, and it is obvious that another party has the numbers to form a government, the Prime Minister submits his/her resignation to the Monarch. The Monarch then commissions the leader of the new majority party to form a new government. The Prime Minister can try to remain in power even without a majority. The subsequent "Queen's Speech" (giving an outline of the government's proposed legislative programme) offers a chance for the House of Commons to cast a vote of confidence or no confidence in the government by accepting or rejecting the Queen's Speech.

I see. So my previous innocuous comment was even more innocuous than I had thought ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.