Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's truly astonishing that she's held that office at all. When you actually stop and watch her answer questions (or completely fail to) it's like watching an automaton. It's a real-life version of 'Being There'.

I was thinking the same, except Chauncey Gardner was unaware of his inadequacy, she's all too aware of hers. She looks so uncomfortable, her constant evasions, her oft repeated phrases, the rictus smile, her nervous ticks, the blinking eyes, the hyper ventilating, the stooped shoulders and the distinct impression she's not very bright.

I reckon she'll be gone before the end of the month. There is so much ill feeling towards her in the Tory party. This will transmit through to the cabinet quickly enough.

I think it's ill feeling within the cabinet to be honest. I don't think it needs to be transmitted to them; it's already there. She alienated them with her autocratic approach to the whole campaign and had she won convincingly, they'd have still hated her but begrudgingly put up with it. Having been so spectacularly dismal, I cannot see her lasting 2 minutes. The knives are sharp and ready.

The slight issue is wtf to do with this Brexit crap hanging over us, and how on earth do they replace her with someone else in the middle of all that. But that said, I think once the Tory party is once again established as the party of government and any potential talk of Labour Party minority government is put to bed, i.e next week, I think she'll be "resigned".

I was thinking the same, except Chauncey Gardner was unaware of his inadequacy, she's all too aware of hers. She looks so uncomfortable, her constant evasions, her oft repeated phrases, the rictus smile, her nervous ticks, the blinking eyes, the hyper ventilating, the stooped shoulders and the distinct impression she's not very bright.

She has bloody great shoes fumble

The Tories are normally swift when it comes to regicide.
Brexit complicates matters though.
A deal will be done with the DUP
Then may will give a date when she's resigning and then the tories will do their selection thing and after the last ballot when they are down to 2 the one with the least votes will withdraw meaning no ballot of party members.

Beginning to think she has/had no intention of making any deal with the EU, hence the 'catchy' slogan. I think she is incredibly indecisive and knows her own limitations, but has a blind spot when it comes to accepting blame.

I posted this somewhere before mackenzie..A complete rig up. I said as soon as i heard the result today that its all a rig up. Theresa May(the remainer btw) quickly and very conveniently called a general election before the brexit talks began properly..she then acts the clown and the wonderful media give her a bit of a clobbering..meanwhile they ramp up ol' jezzas profile and the sheep just follow and chew the grass..then bingo,hung parliament,next step a 2nd referendum...its a total bolox. Get Nige back into the frame forthwith and let him smash into the lot of em.

This.

I voted for Corbyn during both Labour elections and obviously last night. I didn't vote for him because he wears a nice suit, I voted for him because I thought he could win an election. He has not won an election.

You see this is the different between the far left and the centre left of the Party. The far left is full of people who like Pyrrhic victories. They like discussing philosophy such as nuclear disarmament and identity politics. Great, I like those conversations too.

However what I like more is a well funded NHS, building low cost houses and making food banks a thing of the past. And you can't do any of that unless you win an election and that means compromising your opinion on some things.

The far left of the Party feel it's important to talk about policy. Blairites feel it's important to enact policy and the talk is political masturbation if you'll never get elected to enact it.

I want Labour to win elections. I thought Corbyn could energise the youth vote which he did but the collapse of UKIP fucked him and much of the country rejected him. Now I'll have to survey the options but if he forms a more united shadow cabinet then we'll ride with him for a bit as he appears to be growing into the role. If he decides to step aside and anoint a centrist successor who he campaigns hard for then we'll win the next election.

But that's the game. This isn't a joke. There are people on this country, especially those on disabilities and benefits who are fucked. They don't need a far left Labour party up its own arse about its revolution, they need an elected Labour Party in power and making changes. They don't have time for us to fuck about again and we're letting them down.

Jim Smith who's surviving on £40 a week doesn't care about "the movement". He just wants to be able to live his life. We failed him last night and we can't do so again.

I'm amused and, somewhat, bemused at this post!

For a nation that has been voting right, for as long as it can remember, it seems that you don't see the deep significance of the strides that Corbyn has made. It took an awful lot of 'counselling' from Corbyn to get people to not vote against their own interests and in a VERY short time (allowing him to adjust from back light to spotlight) he has formed a manifesto that has clicked with people and actually got people to read it!

Also, remember that Corbyn has had to fight through the bitter attacks of his own party and the disgusting sludge of Tory papers' scathing attacks and STILL was nipping at the heels of the Prime Minister! That's an EXTRAORDINARY achievement and something where, I think, you and other Toryphiles are badly misjudging the mood of the country.

That he fell just short, just goes to show that if he'd been given that bit more core belief from amongst those I mentioned, he'd be in Number 10 now.

I guarantee you, those MPs that thought they reflected their constituents are feeling like shit today, but they are Blairite babies that cannot see the Tory in the mirror...

Fookin' Blairism is DEAD and you don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.