Post Match Thread | Juventus vs Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have problems at the back - as we do - you can't afford to not put your chances away up front. They hit the post, we hit the post. We had more possession, more chances (Fernandinho, Sterling and Aguero twice - all should have scored), but yet I never thought we would win.

The run of games to Christmas is make or break for us and Pellers - 13 pts from 15, next round of CC cup and a convincing win against Gladbach should be the minimum expectation. Can't see it somehow.

I'm booking in at Specsavers as I didn't think we were that bad last night. Some players were clearly off form, and we really lacked options through injuries, but I am more forgiving of MP than I was on Saturday. That day we were pissed on. Last night we could have had a draw. In general I thought there was more effort and application from the players although - as mentioned - some are looking distinctly below par.

I thought we played alright, quite well in fact, and we had the chance to make it 1-1 and stay top of the group and get some much needed positivity back after Liverpool and Villa but Raheem "couldn't finish his dinner" Sterling missed ANOTHER fucking sitter!

Said in the pellegrini thread that I thought his selection and tactics were spot on. If dinho or sterling had buried either of their chances we would be sitting comfortably at the top of the group.

If juve draw and we finish level on points are they still top because of head to head or does it come down to goal difference?

Spurs made it to the quarter finals in their first year in the Champions League and had nowhere near the amount of quality we have and have had at our disposal. I'm sorry but this is our 5th straight year in the Champions League and we should be looking far more at ease with the competition than we are. Every team we play whether it be Ajax, Monchengladbach or one of the favourites make us look pathetically average which we're not when we decide to turn up

5th straight year?
We entered this competition 11/12 season
under a different manager only Kidd is the same assistant manager, so i must of missed a year somewhere..

An unfit Kun, Yaya, Clichy and Joe being the only players in the team playing on the night since we joined the competition so I understand what you mean about us should be looking more at ease in this competition..

dinho scores and we could have had a very different evening. shoulda woulda coulda. football's a woman sometimes.

5th straight year?
We entered this competition 11/12 season
under a different manager only Kidd is the same assistant manager, so i must of missed a year somewhere..

An unfit Kun, Yaya, Clichy and Joe being the only players in the team playing on the night since we joined the competition so I understand what you mean about us should be looking more at ease in this competition..
Yes. 5 years. We are in the 15-16 season.

Fuck it! I mean, really, Fuck It!
Joe Hart pulls out another astonishing European night to keep us in the game. Fernandinho misses — not exactly a sitter — but a very clear chance which you can't help feeling the better sides in Europe would simply eat for breakfast. And Sterling manages to drag the ball wide when it looked easier to tap it in.
Deeply pissed off. Much, much more than last Saturday. Then, we simply weren't at the races, so, nothing to say. Last night, we needed to manage the game. And yet again, we didn't. Just one point. That's all it needed.
So, second staring us in the face, and another draw against Barca or Bayern. Shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.