Post Match Thread: Kiev 1 - 3 City

Otamendi looks far better with Kompany alongside him, Yaya looks better with the ferns to help him, Silva looks more like his old self and sterling is playing so well in Europe. So much more optimism for the rest of the season after tonight performance.

You should have listened to Rebrov's summary of the game. He was very complimentary to us.
He said the break did not affect anything. That his players were nervous, as they were playing one of the best sides in Europe.
They made too many mistakes, but a lot was down to a good performance from City.
At least people who play the game appreciate us.
I've watched Chelsea v PSG and Arsenal v Barcelona and those were proper games.

You can only beat what's put in front of you. And it's a very good night but the standard of the performance has to be measured against the opponent. That is all I am saying.

We were very good tonight for 75 mins. Well drilled, organised, hard working. We worked very well off the ball which we don't normally do and Dinho worked surprisingly well on the right side of midfield.

Kompany magnificent and so was Fernando. Sterling terrific, especially defensively. Thought clichy had the poorest game but then he did have to deal with their best player by a yard.

3 away goals, 2 goal cushion. Happy days.

Perhaps you wouldhave preferred a 3-1 loss then
Negativity again good night

Why would I? I'm happy we won but doesn't mean I enjoyed what I saw, we consistently play bad, you can't go from looking on top and comfortable in the first half to nervous in the second because you're 2-0 up, we will be and have been punished for acting this way and with it so close to cup final day that performance tonight doesn't fill me with the up most confidence that a "great performance" would and should do.

Its fine if people don't want or like hearing criticism of City but blind sighting it to negativity is just being vague, I pick out the bad parts of our game and continue to do so be because its practically every week I see these faults and if I can see them and others can see them then why can't the coaching staff and the management see them?

Its all well saying we're in a final, we're close to the CL quarters, we're only 6 points off the top.... But I've even said to my mates if we were to win the league or a trophy at least I'd be happy obviously but at the same time I'd still be disappointed in our season as the level of football I've seen week in week out has been shoddy given the position the club is at and where we are.

It's funny how different opinions can be on a performance.

I thought Silva was great tonight. Was involved in everything good we did and was a menace with his dribbling. His final ball wasn't quite at its peak but he was definitely influential for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.