Post-Match Thread: Manchester City v Supersport United

Matchday thread and post match threads have improved about as much as City have over the close season. :-(

Liked the look of Huws. Very neat and tidy on the ball. Wish Sinclair would at least try and take somebody on just once. Desperately short upfront as it is. That game just showed how desperate i am for football. Watched the entire dreadful 90 minutes instead of being outside in the sun. Hopefully a bit better come Thursday.

Nothing to overreact about.

This was quick look match for Pelle and his staff. He didn't look too bothered at the end and neither should we.

Positives:

Kompany is looking back to his best.

Fernandinho has pace, skill, and guile.

Garcia is seemingly, at least on this showing, decent cover for CB.

Huws and Suarez look promising.

Rodwell was running about confidently and wasn't injured.

Negatives:

Yaya looked a bit off.

Dzeko looked a bit off.

Milner looked a bit off.

Kolarov.

Honestly, some of you people need to chill out. Some of the stuff I am reading is ridiculous. 5? 7? How many days of training? Without a lot of our superstars? With 3 to 4 EDS players on the pitch? Holy cow. How did any of you manage to not kill yourselves 10 years ago when the football was way worse than this.

Relax and enjoy football.

Lets be realistic.... Its pre-season, nobody will put in 100% and risk injury, its more a case of getting back to match fitness and letting pellegrini way up his options for next season.

unlikelyfan19 said:
Honestly, some of you people need to chill out. Some of the stuff I am reading is ridiculous. 5? 7? How many days of training? Without a lot of our superstars? With 3 to 4 EDS players on the pitch? Holy cow. How did any of you manage to not kill yourselves 10 years ago when the football was way worse than this.

Relax and enjoy football.

I agree with most of this but it concerns that me that our EDS/back-up players seem so poor. We used to have players pushing for the first team squad..SWP, Richards, Sturridge, Johnson etc. We have really gone backwards in this area and a lot of work needs to be done. The positive is I am sure Pellegrini realises this.

unlikelyfan19 said:

Welcome to masochists anonymous!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.