Post-Match Thread: Manchester City v Supersport United

Good workout.

23 players used, many of them young players.

By the end of the game, we couldn't keep the ball, and were chasing it. That was a bit disappointing

SebastianBlue said:
Nothing to overreact about.

This was quick look match for Pelle and his staff. He didn't look too bothered at the end and neither should we.

Positives:

Kompany is looking back to his best.

Fernandinho has pace, skill, and guile.

Garcia is seemingly, at least on this showing, decent cover for CB.

Huws and Suarez look promising.

Rodwell was running about confidently and wasn't injured.

Negatives:

Yaya looked a bit off.

Dzeko looked a bit off.

Milner looked a bit off.

Kolarov.

Positives:

Kompany is looking back to his best.

Garcia is seemingly, at least on this showing, decent cover for CB.

Huws looks very promising.

Rodwell was running about confidently and wasn't injured.

Boyata and Nimely don't look like lost causes

Scott Sinclair looks well and is back on the pitch

Negatives:

Suarez looked WAAAAY to lightweight.

Yaya looked off.

Nastasic looked off.

Lescott can't play at left back.

Dzeko looked a bit off, like usual.

Milner's crossing was appalling.

Abdul Razak looks nothing special.

Kolarov's defending.

mcfc2607 said:
cant really work out if people are being serious or are wumming as bluemoon is full of clueless bastards. Its all about Fitness fitness fitness in the 1st few friendly , score doesnt matter and if people think after 4 or so training seasons(mostly fitness and very little ball work) we will be playing the football pellers wants to play in the prem are deluded.

phones fucked so if it doesnt make sense. oh well

This thread isn't even worth a serious reply pal.

Optimus Prime said:
I'm really disappointed in the impact Pellegrini has had so far - I must say I was expecting a more positive, attacking force, always looking to get forward and create opportunities - in line with the comments he has made so far in his interviews.

The complete lack of any of the above is seriously concerning, and genuinely makes me question whether he cam deliver on what he's promising.

A worrying day for MCFC all round - nothing positive to take from it, and plenty of negatives I'm afraid.

Did we really sack Mancini for this?

Spot on mate - if that's what we can expect this season you can holi-stick it up your arse you two omeegoes!

Suarez does need to hit the gym. Did anyone see those half-arsed push-ups in the training vid?

Positives from 1st half:

- Kompany's defensive efforts were fantastic though his passing could have been better.
- Nasri had some decent passes, one of which should have been finished off by Dzeko.
- Fernandinho surprised me with his pace and was nice and tidy in his efforts.
- Garcia didn't look out of place at CB.
- Suarez had some nice touches however still gets pushed off the ball a little easily.

2nd half:

- Huws showed some good range and composure.
- Nimely was intelligent in his positioning and held the ball up well making some nice runs.
- Facey didn't look overwhelmed and was generally solid in his play.

Negatives:

- Dzeko: had some good chances but aside from that, didn't do very much. When he did, 1st touch was poor, gave the ball away too easily and failed to hold the ball up.
- Kolarov's positioning was again suspect in defense.
- Yaya: Overweight.
- Boyata
- Milner needs to be better with his crossing. He has the ability but lacks the consistency.
- Sinclair just doesn't look like a premiership calibre player.

1961_vintage said:
Optimus Prime said:
I'm really disappointed in the impact Pellegrini has had so far - I must say I was expecting a more positive, attacking force, always looking to get forward and create opportunities - in line with the comments he has made so far in his interviews.

The complete lack of any of the above is seriously concerning, and genuinely makes me question whether he cam deliver on what he's promising.

A worrying day for MCFC all round - nothing positive to take from it, and plenty of negatives I'm afraid.

Spot on mate - if that's what we can expect this season you can holi-stick it up your arse you two omeegoes!
There wasn't any positives from that match. Not one!

Optimus Prime said:

Everyone looks pedestrian on their first pre-season friendly. Mancini's teams look pedestrian, full stop.

Well its good to see the players back on the pitch once again. The manager succeeded in getting 22 players on the pitch after a one week rendezvous to give them exposure to a match situation. Particularly some young EDL players.

I am certain that Pellegrini has taken one or two things out of this game not least the general quality of the EDL players; but I will remain optimistic and say that there is hope for a few of them yet and the manager has at least been seen to explore that angle in the pre -season. But as I've said, the overall aim of this first couple of matches is to give as many players as possible match exposure as part of the objective of building conditioning and fitness for the upcoming season.

My believe is that by the Audi Cup and thereafter, there will be more emphasis on working towards organizing a team for the coming season. So I guess from then we can factor in the result of matches but certainly not at this point in pre season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.