Post Match Thread - United (h)

I was extremely disappointed at so many people leaving yesterday just after 80 minutes. I understand the elderly, or disabled supporters having to leave a bit earlier, or those with some dire need to hit the road with a long trip ahead, but it was embarrassing seeing so may leave when the team needs support. I wanted to tell some of my fellow supporters and wished I had, but how do you tell thousands? Hence my note on this thread. After City scored, the exodus slowed down, but it’s just not good enough.
I was extremely disappointed I spent a small fortune and travelled across the country to have the players turn up and put in that fucking performance. For the record I stayed till the end but I can understand people leaving.

I was extremely disappointed at so many people leaving yesterday just after 80 minutes. I understand the elderly, or disabled supporters having to leave a bit earlier, or those with some dire need to hit the road with a long trip ahead, but it was embarrassing seeing so may leave when the team needs support. I wanted to tell some of my fellow supporters and wished I had, but how do you tell thousands? Hence my note on this thread. After City scored, the exodus slowed down, but it’s just not good enough.
I have never left a game early, but i couldn't condone the behaviour of the idiot in the family stand who aggressively abused people leaving early. Not surprisingly some reacted and gave it back.

On planet earth people with a clue don't say: "he is fuckin clueless on what to do if plan A fails".

Your latest response implies that perhaps you do not fully appreciate the positional play approach Pep has (not that I can claim to) and, regardless of that, whatever went well or badly yesterday - Pep has demonstrated throughout his managerial career that he just a Plan A. His plans don't always work but more often that not, they do or he changes them and gets the result.

he can make great players play great football but if he’s not got the perfect 11 his teams struggle and are open to a good fuckin hiding, all I want is for him to realise that if we’re short of players to pull it off then change the way you play to win that game, if that was against Liverpool yesterday it’s fuckin embarrassing
boxers workout a game plan for each fight, golfers play each course differently, tennis players, American football and so on, they play the best way to beat a certain opposition, it’s just a good idea. Pep sets up same way v Southampton as Liverpool and United And there’s nothing genius about that. do you think without the inverted fullbacks we might have had a chance of winning yesterday with our midfield and attack doing the attacking? I do,
nobody’s perfect I’m curious to know what you feel his faults are ?

i never leave early even in the poorest of games and i never will understand it ?? in the chelsea game a couple in front of me got in late about 10 mins and left on the 80 minute mark truly shocking

Just brought my self to watch motd.

jesus we were awful. I can not believe how much fitter Utd players were & how much they wanted it.

we are playing like it’s still pre season.

some of our players sell by date is well over due sadly.

I watched Dave closely yesterday, it was painful at times.

There was at least three occasions when De Gea had the freedom of going quick and passing straight into the centre.

It resulted in the second goal. Some people might only see the pivotal moments that lead directly to a goal?

I saw Silva standing essentially as a fucking striker without once being aware that McTominay was in acres and running right off the back of him.

Martial tucked right into midfield to stop Angelino joining up, allowing James to stay wide and rip up to shreds.

Angelino is not good enough for us but a huge liability for us is Sterling not getting back to help any of our left-backs, it's half-arsed and doesn't go with the runner or overlap.

When Laporte plays, he remedies a lot of this issue because he senses the danger and shifts across. In addition, teams are also wary of his excellent passing and ability to open up the other side of the pitch with his wand crossfield ball out to Bernardo or Mahrez.

Personally, I also don't think Kevin should ever be in the engine room, he doesn't have the fitness capacity our game puts on it.

He should play out wide, even if that means impacting Bernardo, Silva or Mahrez.

Kev must play, as must another set of legs to help Rodri, who I felt very sorry for yesterday.

I can agree with all of that.

Pep is a genius we all agree on that also.

His philosophy of making the pitch as wide as possible works only when the players have the fitness and work levels to do it. At present it is not happening.

I would look at changing the roles of the wide men. Bernardo has the best work rate of any player I have seen, and i would like to see it more centrally, the same with Sterling , a more flexible role. We are still playing some incredible football, whatever you may read here, the issue is getting more players in a position closer to the goal. 4 or 5 players need to be in a dangerous position at the end of attacks to support the number 9.

Silva should be coming on for the last 20 mins, Kdb as you ascertain wider, with Bernardo inside. Bernado close to Rodri is my idea, picking up second balls, as he did against us playing for Monaco. Changing a system which has been so successful is not an easy decision. Foden could also add the energy.
I do think some of the criticism of our defence is wrong, for the reasons you outlined, the midfield legs, and I include Sterling, is not at the level we have been accustomed to.

I watched the rerun when I got home (at least I watched until their second), I was looking at every one of their counterattack’s and what was goin on.
Firstly, whatever anyone says on here, they were very good in that first 30 minutes. Rashford in particular was strong, fast and incisive. He would have caused anyone problems playing like that.
When things broke down near their penalty area, we lost 50/50s a number of times when contesting their out ball. Rodri particularly was guilty on three occasions, Bernie once, Angelino once. When they broke, they broke fast, four or five in support of the attack. Our midfield, Raz, Bernie, Dave in particular were strolling back. They had overloads on Angelino a number of times. Stones in particular is too passive. Ok he stays on his feet but he allows Rashford in particular far too much space. Their penalty was a penalty. On their second, it’s simply lack of physicality from Rodri and Angelino allowing space to allow Martial to get a shot in. Eddies reaction said it all.

So overall, nothing really wrong with our shape. It’s more down to our press, pace, physicality, intensity and, yes, tracking back.
Our attack is more of a problem....

I can agree with all of that.

Pep is a genius we all agree on that also.

His philosophy of making the pitch as wide as possible works only when the players have the fitness and work levels to do it. At present it is not happening.

I would look at changing the roles of the wide men. Bernardo has the best work rate of any player I have seen, and i would like to see it more centrally, the same with Sterling , a more flexible role. We are still playing some incredible football, whatever you may read here, the issue is getting more players in a position closer to the goal. 4 or 5 players need to be in a dangerous position at the end of attacks to support the number 9.

Silva should be coming on for the last 20 mins, Kdb as you ascertain wider, with Bernardo inside. Bernado close to Rodri is my idea, picking up second balls, as he did against us playing for Monaco. Changing a system which has been so successful is not an easy decision. Foden could also add the energy.
I do think some of the criticism of our defence is wrong, for the reasons you outlined, the midfield legs, and I include Sterling, is not at the level we have been accustomed to.
Agree. Bernardo has always played his best football for us (last year) and Portugal in midfield. He can play defensively or in attack mode. He is not as effective on the wing. Bernardo, Rodri and KDB is a good middle three.

Stones gash
Fernandinho not a CB
Angelino gash
D.Silva :( gutting to see but he needs replacing with Foden
KDB tried to hard
B.Silva on the Right Wing? Doesn't work Mahrez should have started.
Jesus after a brilliant game Tuesday was shit.

What a shite day I'm so pissed off. Already lost 4 premier league games and I can see a few more coming. Defence has totally collapsed with Laporte & Zinchenko out the rags could have scored 4/5 it was that easy for them.

Worst part now is the prospect of the dippers winning the title at the Etihad in April :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.