Post Match Thread - United (h)

Those stats are when we had the ball.When they had it they went through us like a knife through butter .
That's true - every team we're up against does that to us. It feels like they just have to arrive in our box and score - even Norwich. But that's not my point. 72 per cent possession and 22 shots against a megabucks team or otherwise should deliver a result - even allowing for the gifting of the chances they missed. 44 goals in 16 games - 19 conceded (5th best defence albeit it doesn't feel like that). We're at the bottom of a U. But even out of form for a fair number of games we're top scorers so it ain't all bad.

just sat down and laughed about the derby ??? even the worst display of the season by city, and a patched up defence and then losing stones and then VAR again ? united only won 2.1 and city could have got something out of the game at the end hahahahah, social media utd saying what a great game by this united team, even gary chuckle/and the dog lover saying that now that's a proper united display hahahaha

give pep a full squad of fit players to pick from and united don't win its that simple, i think that was united best 11 even without pogba and no major injuries and that's there best hahahaha

believe me when i say this, city will go on to be 20 to 25 points better off then united this season and when we get back our best 11 somebody is going to pay the price and get a right thumping

yes we the fans are hurting right now, and the players do hurt and a wounded animal is the most dangerous and you don't become shit over night because there is a couple of reasons why and it can be fixed,

this team is not finished by any means ?? yes its down to the bare bones and players are carring little knocks that a full strength squad can rotate them and rest them back to fitness, but pep and city are asking to much of them because of injuries, maybe the club in the summer dropped a bollock without signing a replacement for kompany, but they was right about not signing harry maguire at £80million and was well over priced, so again was there a plan in place and city gambled on the back 4 not getting any injuries and wait for the right player

so if people are thinking its the end and we have given up forget it ?? this city team are still in the cups and europe and winning one of the 3 will be fine and keeps the club on the right road of picking up silverware and a top 4 place, so maybe the title as gone but no other team have won back to back titles with 198 points, so if there is a dip this season i think pep and the players have earn't it to say ok we just run out of steam and luck and fitness and was down to injuries meaning no rotation and having to play 3 games a week is too much

we stick together in good times or bad, and never ask for glory, because nobody can keep winning like we have been doing, and losing is ok from time to time, and you know the one thing about being a manchester city fan is all about, its the smile and laughter and joy it brings in winning or losing am still smiling
Well said.

A sizeable number of the crowd around me point a lot, screw their faces up a lot, criticise David's pass selection a lot, go on about when they played full back for a pub team as if that qualifies 'em in some way (most of us have pub team experience - no comparison), think they're more tactically astute than Pep and have better judgement. Take ten of 'em, you get ten opinions. Erm, no thanks lads, I'll stick with the genius that is Pep.

The Rags remind me of us , before the take over , we were miles away from their quality but we occasionally gave them a bloody nose and celebrated for weeks on end , now the boot is on the other foot , if they beat us the T-shirts are printed , jelly & ice cream dished up it wont be long before they are dreaming of mid table security and 40 points with Ole at the wheel . Happy days.

he can make great players play great football but if he’s not got the perfect 11 his teams struggle and are open to a good fuckin hiding, all I want is for him to realise that if we’re short of players to pull it off then change the way you play to win that game, if that was against Liverpool yesterday it’s fuckin embarrassing
boxers workout a game plan for each fight, golfers play each course differently, tennis players, American football and so on, they play the best way to beat a certain opposition, it’s just a good idea. Pep sets up same way v Southampton as Liverpool and United And there’s nothing genius about that. do you think without the inverted fullbacks we might have had a chance of winning yesterday with our midfield and attack doing the attacking? I do,
nobody’s perfect I’m curious to know what you feel his faults are ?

Pep doesn't set up the same way against everybody but he he does stick to his key principles. I don't think he so obviously changes things at City as for instance he did in his last season at Bayern when I recall looking at the average positions in his team over a run of games and he quite clearly used something like six different formations in seven games.

I think a lot of the changes he makes for each game plan are not easy to spot and I'm not a football analyst but I think I can spot in some games where particular movements or passes are being made that seem to be repeated that look as though they have been planned for that game. More obviously, his team selection varies not just through rotation but also in response to specific opponents.

I'm not really inclined towards picking out Pep's faults: plenty of others seem keen to do that. Whether it is a fault or not is debatable but I would be more cautious in some games. He may need to adapt how his team plays as we could be stuck in a bit of a rut butting up against an interminable procession of parked buses but only time will tell that: new player recruitment may just lead to his team executing his way more effectively and that will solve the problem. His approach may inhibit some players and deny them enough freedom to express themselves; it may also drain them. Again, time will tell.
Oh and he talks about the Scousers too much but the media don't exactly make it easy for him.

Having missed the game due to work I followed the dreaded match thread and it was bad, but strangely enough just watched match of the day and it doesn't look that poor in the highlights, looked a bit of "if only" but that's the fine margins I suppose.
3 cups and a Leicester title will do for me.

Just spoke with Pep, he said Can we close this thread, set fire to it & re group ?? :-)

A sizeable number of the crowd around me point a lot, screw their faces up a lot, criticise David's pass selection a lot, go on about when they played full back for a pub team as if that qualifies 'em in some way (most of us have pub team experience - no comparison), think they're more tactically astute than Pep and have better judgement. Take ten of 'em, you get ten opinions. Erm, no thanks lads, I'll stick with the genius that is Pep.
After the money they' ve paid they are entitled to an opinion.

just sat down and laughed about the derby ??? even the worst display of the season by city, and a patched up defence and then losing stones and then VAR again ? united only won 2.1 and city could have got something out of the game at the end hahahahah, social media utd saying what a great game by this united team, even gary chuckle/and the dog lover saying that now that's a proper united display hahahaha

give pep a full squad of fit players to pick from and united don't win its that simple, i think that was united best 11 even without pogba and no major injuries and that's there best hahahaha

believe me when i say this, city will go on to be 20 to 25 points better off then united this season and when we get back our best 11 somebody is going to pay the price and get a right thumping

yes we the fans are hurting right now, and the players do hurt and a wounded animal is the most dangerous and you don't become shit over night because there is a couple of reasons why and it can be fixed,

this team is not finished by any means ?? yes its down to the bare bones and players are carring little knocks that a full strength squad can rotate them and rest them back to fitness, but pep and city are asking to much of them because of injuries, maybe the club in the summer dropped a bollock without signing a replacement for kompany, but they was right about not signing harry maguire at £80million and was well over priced, so again was there a plan in place and city gambled on the back 4 not getting any injuries and wait for the right player

so if people are thinking its the end and we have given up forget it ?? this city team are still in the cups and europe and winning one of the 3 will be fine and keeps the club on the right road of picking up silverware and a top 4 place, so maybe the title as gone but no other team have won back to back titles with 198 points, so if there is a dip this season i think pep and the players have earn't it to say ok we just run out of steam and luck and fitness and was down to injuries meaning no rotation and having to play 3 games a week is too much

we stick together in good times or bad, and never ask for glory, because nobody can keep winning like we have been doing, and losing is ok from time to time, and you know the one thing about being a manchester city fan is all about, its the smile and laughter and joy it brings in winning or losing am still smiling
Good post. We’re out of the title race, so apart from the week after next I hope Leicester win every game and give Liverpool something to worry about. It’s top 4, the CL and the cups that’s our target now, and I’ll be happy with any silverware at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.