Post Something Interesting

I didn't know about the Irk Valley Viaduct train disaster until I read the thread Post Something Interesting just now.
Been over that viaduct hundreds of times on trains or trams over the last 60 years.
Apparently you can still make out the "newer" brickwork where the train went over.

I also read, in the same book, about the vision, engineering and sheer audacity behind the Manchester Ship Canal.

I bloody love this City.

Had this debate with my neighbour the other day.
Should prestige cars, be renamed pretentious cars ?

His wife wants to spend $80k on a BMW X3 (or something) and he doesn't....and he was asking me what I thought.

He has a 2 year old Toyota RAV hybrid which is a lovely car. But wifey want's a badge with higher status.
Buy her a badge then.

Been over that viaduct hundreds of times on trains or trams over the last 60 years.
Apparently you can still make out the "newer" brickwork where the train went over.

I also read, in the same book, about the vision, engineering and sheer audacity behind the Manchester Ship Canal.

I bloody love this City.
Was the book called ' How to really piss the scousers off ' by any chance.

Had this debate with my neighbour the other day.
Should prestige cars, be renamed pretentious cars ?

His wife wants to spend $80k on a BMW X3 (or something) and he doesn't....and he was asking me what I thought.

He has a 2 year old Toyota RAV hybrid which is a lovely car. But wifey want's a badge with higher status.
BMW aka Black Mans Wheels.
That might make her think twice.
(No offence intended).

BMW aka Black Mans Wheels.
That might make her think twice.
(No offence intended).
She'll just move on to a Jag or Merc, just wanting to appear posh and well off at the private school her kid attends seems to be her main motivation. Personally (and I've told her husband) I'd be happy with the RAV 4. But I know he will end up blowing the $80k.

Update.
Yesterday, I saw him, he'd been checking out servicing costs;

BMW $899 plus consumables, so over a grand.
RAV 4 capped at $250 for 5 years, no extra charge for consumables.

Insurance also way higher on the Beamer.

He's not happy about that. And of course I couldn't resist saying "Jesus, you'd have to be mad to pay that"

His missus will end up hating me :)

She'll just move on to a Jag or Merc, just wanting to appear posh and well off at the private school her kid attends seems to be her main motivation. Personally (and I've told her husband) I'd be happy with the RAV 4. But I know he will end up blowing the $80k.

Update.
Yesterday, I saw him, he'd been checking out servicing costs;

BMW $899 plus consumables, so over a grand.
RAV 4 capped at $250 for 5 years, no extra charge for consumables.

Insurance also way higher on the Beamer.

He's not happy about that. And of course I couldn't resist saying "Jesus, you'd have to be mad to pay that"

His missus will end up hating me :)
Option 1
Move the child to a state school
Option 2
Get the child a pushbike with all the bells and whistles. (Environmental concerns and health benefits.)
Option 3
Consider a divorce!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.