Post Something Interesting

When you turn 50 you start counting backwards at each birthday. Today I am 40, ten years younger than I was when I was 50
Doesn't work when you reach seventy, as your body is completely fucking knackered, your hair is gone and a prolonged hard on is a distant memory...

In olden times, beds were sprung with rope going from side to side througn small holes in the side of the bed. With the rope stretching, eventually the bed sagged, so the rope used to be pulled tighter and secured.

Hence the expression "Sleep tight"

If ever you find a 1933 penny hang onto it because it is worth a fortune.

Peanuts aren't actually a true nut; they're a legume (in the same family as peas and lentils)
So are Carobs, a large pea like pod full of pea like seeds which are used in the pharmacutical industry and producing diabetic chocolate. The seeds are more or less the same size no matter which tree they come off and they grow all over the North Africa and Meditteranean region. The Arab gem stone and gold traders used them as a standardised weight and called them Carat.

I didn't know about the Irk Valley Viaduct train disaster until I read a book about Manchester this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.