Post Something Interesting

I never knew that cats under their fur, their skin has the same coloured patterns. Got my 5mnth old kitten neutered and where they shaved you can see the skin colour. I wonder if tigers would have black stripes if you were brave enough to shave one?
IMG_20231005_211805.jpg

I never knew that cats under their fur, their skin has the same coloured patterns. Got my 5mnth old kitten neutered and where they shaved you can see the skin colour. I wonder if tigers would have black stripes if you were brave enough to shave one?
View attachment 95362

tiger-skin-striped-like-fur.jpg

They do indeed.

I think this is true for most hairy mammals with black patterns.

Example.

Dalmatian skinny pig.If it didn't have the hairless gene it would look like the regular guinea pig below.

e0a8be6a172dab7ef9bf18a327782ba5.jpg

338dc429accfd431c5a9221d195ba1db5b1e596713222.jpg

The same pigment pattern is also linked to nose and toenail colours.A black nosed dog usually has darker skin. But it can be complicated depending on breeds as some will have genes that mask the colour.

View attachment 95362

tiger-skin-striped-like-fur.jpg

They do indeed.

I think this is true for most hairy mammals with black patterns.

Example.

Dalmatian skinny pig.If it didn't have the hairless gene it would look like the regular guinea pig below.

e0a8be6a172dab7ef9bf18a327782ba5.jpg

338dc429accfd431c5a9221d195ba1db5b1e596713222.jpg

The same pigment pattern is also linked to nose and toenail colours.A black nosed dog usually has darker skin. But it can be complicated depending on breeds as some will have genes that mask the colour.

Can you blokes stop shaving bits of your pets hair, they are not amused......and winter is coming. :)

Pythagoras was a plagiarist.

Pythagoras is credited for creating the famous Pythagoras theory, but a recent discovery suggests the math concept was formed more than 1,000 years before the ancient Greek's birth. The evidence was translated from a clay tablet labeled YBC 7289, formed between 1800 and 1600 BC, which uses principles of the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the length of a diagonal inside a rectangle.

Pythagoras was a plagiarist.

Pythagoras is credited for creating the famous Pythagoras theory, but a recent discovery suggests the math concept was formed more than 1,000 years before the ancient Greek's birth. The evidence was translated from a clay tablet labeled YBC 7289, formed between 1800 and 1600 BC, which uses principles of the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the length of a diagonal inside a rectangle.
Not having that. Over 3,000 years old yet the screen wasnt cracked and it still held its charge. Yeh right.

Why is there an D in fridge but not in refrigerator.

40 is the only number that is spelt in alphabetical order

Last edited:
Only one Labour leader born in the last 100 years has won a general election.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.