Post Something Interesting

I’ve got 3 bats flying around my garden in Burnage. The bats come at this time every night during this time of the year. Watching them fly close up, swooping a couple of metres over my head, around the trees, and across the gardens is great. They look like they are having a great time. :-)

I’ve got 3 bats flying around my garden in Burnage. The bats come at this time every night during this time of the year. Watching them fly close up, swooping a couple of metres over my head, around the trees, and across the gardens is great. They look like they are having a great time. :-)
We’ve got a tremendous bat display every evening at the mo. We have a cloud of tiny black flies coming off the river and the bats swoop in to hoover them up.

Most people think place names with Chester in them(Manchester, Colchester,Winchester ect) were named by the Romans.

This is incorrect. Chester in Latin translates to Fort. After the Romans left Britain it was the Anglo Saxons who renamed the towns and cities Chester to signify a Roman fort once stood at that settlement.

In the 1970s, Yoko Ono wanted to buy a hair from Salvador Dalí's moustache.

The painter, however, sold her a fake.

Amanda Lear, the painter's friend and companion for a short time, told the story.

''He thought Ono was a witch and was afraid she would cast a spell on him. So he sent me to pick up a dried blade of grass and put it in a nice box... The dumb girl paid $10,000. Dalí liked to cheat people''.

1722794756056.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.