Post Something Interesting

I put some steri strips on the cut and a few plasters over that to keep it rigid. Check it in the morning to see if it needs further attention but the movements all good so no apparent damage. The phones a miracle of modern science though, even though Samsung say they can be submersed it's probably best not to.
Thought this thread was about keeping your balls cool ? Tries a different website.
Edit, ball cool for your testicular comfort, viz 1980 ;-)

Last edited:
No point, It will get deleted and I'll get another thread ban.

There really can be no debate
The rag's and scouse are fucking great
This ain't no joke, I don't do stunts
The rags and scouse are fucking cunts.

Night :)

Suppose most people know this, but if you put one grain of rice on the first square of a chessboard, and then simply double it (not square it, simply double it) then by the time you get to the last square, you would have to dump something in the region of 210 billion tons of rice on the final square. And that would be as high as Mt Everest.

Just did some quick maths in my head .. eighteen quintillion, four hundred forty-six quadrillion, seven hundred forty-four trillion, seventy-three billion, seven hundred nine million, five hundred fifty-one thousand, six hundred and fifteen (over 1.4 trillion metric tons.)—about 2,000 times annual world production ..... my head hurts ...

Just did some quick maths in my head .. eighteen quintillion, four hundred forty-six quadrillion, seven hundred forty-four trillion, seventy-three billion, seven hundred nine million, five hundred fifty-one thousand, six hundred and fifteen (over 1.4 trillion metric tons.)—about 2,000 times annual world production ..... my head hurts ...

By the time you get to the second half of the chessboard, there are more grains on the first square of the second half, i.e. the 33rd square, than on the entire first half of the chessboard. And you've still got to get to 64.
Did you really do that in your head? I can just about do my 12 x tables in my head (and even then, I'm a bit shaky on multiples of 12. I failed Maths ‘O’ level six times. Finally decided it wasn't for me).

Er....is there a small multiplication error there?

The life expectancy of a lancaster bomber was 40 hours in the air.

Got a friend whose father was in the crew of a bomber (Wellington or Lancaster, not sure). He never really got over it, according to Pete. I was pleased to tell him that my father was the commander of an Air Sea Rescue boat. They were the guys who went and fished pilots out of the water (German as well as English).

Sir Laurens van der Post, advisor to Thatcher and Prince Charles was a complete fake. He was lauded world wide for his tv series describing how he lived among the Bushmen of the Kalahari. He actually visited once for about a fortnight. He made up his war record and much more besides.
When in his forties he fathered a daughter with a fourteen year old girl.
He was godfather to Prince William.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.