Post Something Interesting

Samsung 9 phones are waterproof to IP 64.

We came in from a pleasant afternoon in the garden and whilst she put away the sun loungers my task was to clean out all the rubbish and empties from our cooler bag and then make us a long drink with ice.

I emptied the cans and half eaten butties and placed the cooler bag on the floor of the shower tray. Then I stood there filling it up to the brim with the shower head to rinse the crumbs and debris out and then like a scene from Das Boat her phone came floating up from the depths surfacing bow first. My elderly arse went into overdrive and I scooped it out, frantically shaking it before wrapping it up in a towel and praise be to Jesus it still appeared to work.

So I cracked on with task two and I got our best Debenhams goblet gin glasses out of the cupboard and then reached up for the metal optic dispenser but sadly my hand on the down-swing glanced the glass and it split in half with my thumb ploughing through it's middle. I saw the blood and couldn't even bear to look anymore. I thought my thumb had been severed and I almost fainted. Anyway it wasn't so I Savloned up and finished off with a band aid.

Back to the phone because then she shouts me in and said it's not even charging? Moisture warning- Moisture Warning - Remove Charger Immediately- blah blah blah so I told her as it had been out in the sun it was probably just sweating. Anyway after 1 hour in a bag of rice I removed the sim and there was no evidence of water ingress so for good luck I placed it in front of our heatwave fans for an hour. Still no joy so as a last resort rebooted it, cleared memory and all's well again in the Dorf.

So to recap the Samsung 9 has an ingress protection rating to IP68 and can withstand submersion in up 4 feet of water for thirty minutes : /

Last edited:
Samsung 9 phones are waterproof to IP 64.

We came in from a pleasant afternoon in the garden and whilst she put away the sun loungers my task was to clean out all the rubbish and empties from our cooler bag and then make us a long drink with ice.

I emptied the cans and half eaten butties and placed the cooler bag on the floor of the shower tray. Then I stood there filling it up to the brim with the shower head to rinse the crumbs and debris out and then like a scene from Das Boat her phone came floating up from the depths surfacing bow first. My elderly arse went into overdrive and I scooped it out, frantically shaking it before wrapping it up in a towel and praise be to Jesus it still appeared to work.

So I cracked on with task two and I got our best Debenhams goblet gin glasses out of the cupboard and then reached up for the metal optic dispenser but sadly my hand on the down-swing glanced the glass and it split in half with my thumb ploughing through it's middle. I saw the blood and couldn't even bear to look anymore. I thought my thumb had been severed and I almost fainted. Anyway it wasn't so I Savloned up and finished off with a band aid.

Back to the phone because then she shouts me in and said it's not even charging? Moisture warning- Moisture Warning - Remove Charger Immediately- blah blah blah so I told her as it had been out in the sun it was probably just sweating. Anyway after 1 hour in a bag of rice I removed the sim and there was no evidence of water ingress so for good luck I placed it in front of our heatwave fans for an hour. Still no joy so as a last resort rebooted it, cleared memory and all's well again in the Dorf.

So to recap the Samsung 9 has an ingress protection rating to IP68 and can withstand submersion in up 4 feet of water for thirty minutes : /
Sod the phone she can get another one, how's the thumb you can't get another of them

Sod the phone she can get another one, how's the thumb you can't get another of them
I put some steri strips on the cut and a few plasters over that to keep it rigid. Check it in the morning to see if it needs further attention but the movements all good so no apparent damage. That phones a miracle of modern science and athough Samsung say they can be submersed, it's probably best not to.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.