Post Something Interesting

Cheers - you're not really Denis are you, with a pseudonym as you're on the run after escaping Hull, perhaps?
Shush, eyes everywhere. Besides, you might give some on here the idea that I'm not actually a doctor.

As an aside, Denis is 58 years older than when you visited him, could you be in line for a windfall at point relatively soon?

I suspect that I probably never crossed Denis's mind again after that now famous day in 1965, and that his booty will have been distributed elsewhere.
Wait a sec.... my mum's surname was Taylor.... Denis Taylor... and he wore glasses!
Thanks - I'm off to investigate................

There are more people alive today than all the people who have existed previously, up to tten years ago. There is enough room in Texas/New Mexico to house the entire population of the planet, at the same density as San Francisco.
Sorry mate. First one is wrong. I used to believe this, but have since been told (and subsequently read) that it’s estimated that over 117 Billion humans have lived/died.

Up until Victorian times, men and women were segregated in church. Women sat on the north side of the aisle, men on the south. The system broke when more and more influential men decided they wanted to sit with their wives.

However, it is still the custom at weddings for the groom to take the south side and the bride the north.

Not a lot of people know that! Not even people who direct Jane Austen adaptations.
What happens when the aisles are in the east and west?

Cane toad racing is a good night out. Beats bingo
anyway
The Cane toad has come into some renown in Australia, where four people died last year after partaking of its marbled flesh. (Depending on the size of the toad and the concentrations of toxin consumed, bufotenine can be fatal). The toad was imported to Australia from Hawaii in 1935 to kill the grayback beetle, which was destroying sugar cane in Queensland. The toad adapted beautifully, multiplied by the millions and ate everything--except for the beetle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.