Potholes

Anyone successfully claimed against the council for damage to their wheels?
Just got knocked back by Stockport council after a loose grid shafted my alloys.
They claim the road was properly maintained and regularly checked.
Bollocks.

Keep at it, they're hardly going to roll over, admit it and pay you.

Anyone successfully claimed against the council for damage to their wheels?
Just got knocked back by Stockport council after a loose grid shafted my alloys.
They claim the road was properly maintained and regularly checked.
Bollocks.

Din't the grid belong to the local water company though and so it is their job to maintain them?
Have you tried claiming off them?

Din't the grid belong to the local water company though and so it is their job to maintain them?
Have you tried claiming off them?

I very much doubt it. Grids are part of the highway, maintained mainly by the local authority. They are used to allow water into the sewers. Water companies do not generally own the grids.

I very much doubt it. Grids are part of the highway, maintained mainly by the local authority. They are used to allow water into the sewers. Water companies do not generally own the grids.

Oh right I expected it was council responsibility, just wondered if UU had any imput

The roads have never been worse. Council budgets being slashed by that **** Osborne didnt help. I blame everything on that loathsome prick me

You're not alone, Unc. My ERO when he worked at the Treasury thought he was OK, but I took that to mean he was better than some of the shysters down there.

There was a quiz question last week in the DT and apparently, I've forgotten the main point, but it compared the total depth of our potholes to the Grand Canyon. Filling our potholes would accumulate a depth equal to the GC or the total volume of the GC. Pretty impressive hole either way!

I cycle to work everyday through Wythenshawe and the pot holds are fucking out of hand! I can try and swerve then but then run risk of getting took out by a passing car, or go over them and run the risk of smashing my bollocks and my wheels! One pot hole I had to avoid as it was about a foot drop, so I thought I'd be safer getting took out by a vehicle than going flying!

I keep meaning to ring/email the council as well, as there's a blocked grid that overflows onto the road during bad weather, and the amount of danger to cyclists/cars that can be as its not a noticeably deep puddle until you go over it!

The roads are a disgrace in this country and I feel sorry for drivers who have to pay road tax.

Should this not read "The roads in major cities in the North of England are a disgrace! Is spreading small chippings a whole bag cheaper than a nice layer of tarmac. There must be road engineer wallahs on this forum! Oldham Road appears to be getting the same treatment as Muswell Hill Road in N10, but I fancy that's an exception. When we returned from our annual sojourn from Macron's Republic to the lovely town of Rochdale (Heywood and Middleton excluded) all the main roads have been covered with a layer of cheap chippings, and a set of signs showing that said chippings could take some layers of paint off yer car if yer went over 20mph and you were in danger of skidding. And cycling on those new surfaces is highly dangerous. All the loose chippings have been flirted into the gutter!

I heard a long time ago that there are four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire.
And though the holes are rather small, they had to count them all.
Now you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

That was in 1967, and it's got considerably worse since then.

.To date, I've "only" needed 1 new wheel and 4 new tyres due to these bastards. Fortunately, all bar one tyre was in a company car and I used my fleetcard to pay for replacements.

I went out to Croatia earlier this year .... One hour transfer from the airport to the resort by Taxi..... not one pothole in site or hit ...

Lets be honest, Croatia is hardly the industrial hub of the civilised world, a bus full of tourist, several taxis and Ivano and his donkey, the roads should be OK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.