PoTY 2019

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Gorton_Tubster, 22 Mar 2019.

1. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Looks like it will be VVD. Sky pundits have decided, the "public" have decided.

Please close thread

PS anyone think a City player will EVER be allowed to win this award?

2. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

Probably in 10 years when these Liverpool and United pundits retire and we have a more diverse football opinion makers.

3. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

I dunno, I'd have agreed up until his absolute howler against Fulham.

Now the England squad and ex pros seem to be rallying for Raz.

So yeah, Van Dijk. ;-)

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Hoghead

Hoghead

If we win the PL and Raz gets half a dozen more goals and assists then it will go to a Rag or Dipper player.

5. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Van Dickhead has already been crowned by the arse licking press, Messi wouldn't get a look in over here ... Quite pathetic really ..

GAZZA likes this.
  6. KCblue

KCblue

I know the winner doesn't come from the Champions every season, but if we retain the league and van Dijk wins POTY, that will be all four titles this decade where we miss out on POTY.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather win the league. Just find it interesting. van Dijk would also only be the third defender to win the award since the inception of the Premier League, and first in 14 years.

It may just be that Aguero and Sterling split our votes and van Dijk wins because of that.

7. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

The media seems to be turning towards Raz. Is defo top 3 but also a ‘role model’. I like it that they are saying that because I do think he has handled himself with a great deal of grace and courage but given what the media used to say, it is some turnaround and goes to prove just how quickly they change when public opinion starts to turn.

8. scousemanc

scousemanc

Liverpool players winning individual awards and City players winning trophies. I'll take that every year.

9. waspish

waspish

Can understand if vvd gets it because without him Liverpool wouldn't be challenging for the title.

10. peace frog

peace frog

Team supported:
    Manchester City Football Club
    problem is we have too many outstanding performs, i say problem, its a nice problem,
    LaPorte, Bernardo, Sergio, Raheem would all be worthy winners , but to tell you the truth give me titles over induvial honour's every time

Vienna_70 likes this.