POTY - Virgil Van Dijk

Unfortunately the media have been mass debating over VVD for months. Sterling has really come to the fore the past two / three months and the media has only just realised they couldn't ignore him or talk shit about him once he was turning it on for England. I think the voting has already been cast - the issue with the media is when people are told something 100 times then it becomes a fact. People don't think for themselves. If Shearer (or whoever) constantly bang on about a particular topic them it becomes accepted as word.

I also read the BBC article today and quite a few players (Garth Crooks and Paul Ince - I know, I know....) both said it should be left until the end of the season - if City win the title then the award is given to Sterling. If it is the Micky's who win it then Dick van Dyke should get it.

So it's not about who has been the best player, it's an extra award for the winning team ;-)

six players nominated for the PFA player of the year as follows:

Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling, Sergio Aguero, Virgil van Dijk, Sadio Mane, Eden Hazard

Between Van Dijk, Sterling or Mane for me.
Aubameyang been excellent aswell

Mane only if its Player of the last 3 months and not season otherwise no chance. No player that goes through a stretch of 16 games of the season contributing only 4 goals/assists should not even be in consideration for anything let alone POTS. Having only 2 assists for the season playing in that side is criminal.

Sterling should win it, not just for his efforts for two seasons with City, but the way he's handled himself with all the racist stuff and England performances.
If City win the domestic treble with his involvement it shouldn't go anywhere near VVD.

Only saving grace is this is voted for by the players, not the media, Sterling seems liked by his fellow professionals.

Sterling should win it, not just for his efforts for two seasons with City, but the way he's handled himself with all the racist stuff and England performances.
If City win the domestic treble with his involvement it shouldn't go anywhere near VVD.

Only saving grace is this is voted for by the players, not the media, Sterling seems liked by his fellow professionals.
I'm not sure exactly when the voting took place, but although every media outlet has been pushing VVD for ages, the timing might be perfect for Sterling to nick it, for the reasons you mention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.