Poznan tomorrow

city_blue85 said:
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if you can help? I'm doing some research into cultural trends in football and I'm focussing on the poznan. If anyone's got the time could you answer the question - why do/did you do it?

Was it because it's a laugh? It's a great sight? It's good for the atmosphere? It makes you stand out from other fans? It helps the players? Annoys opposition fans? Or something else?

Thanks!

We copied it from the fans of a Polish team called Poznan who did it when they came to our place a few years ago so it's named the Poznan after them. We then did it for all the reasons you mention. I guess it will only occur now at certain points in a big game, i.e. banging a fourth goal in against the rags, winning a major game etc.

Yes please, if only to prove that we are not just sitting quietly as so many seem to think. It gets the crowd going and it brings everyone together, rather than two lots of singers singing two different songs at the same time!!!

The Chief said:
mammutly said:
Had its' day.

Shame really, was always good to see and lightened the mood amongst fans.

Agree that it's had it's day. I always thought that we should have adapted it to "front-facing" & made it our own. Could have called it the Nanzop :-). OK, maybe not but would much rather have been bouncing around being able to watch the post-goal celebrations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.