Poznan

'Atmosphere' is communal noise to lift the team, not jumping about . It's been a novelty this season and the Poznan game was great fun.

But the reason they were impressive fans as a whole was the noise they made.

I even did the Poznan myself after a rake of ale at wembley. But it's time to move on. The movelty's worn off and it will get tired very quickly. Think of blackburns drummer. Or england's band . Or our own bananas.

Stuff like that has a sell by date. When it loses the wow factor the right thing to do is to bury it.

I'd only want to retire it if we replaced it with something new. I love it personally and It's really hard to come up with something for the whole crowd to do easily, the more complex the harder it is to get it going.

To be honest if we can come up with something new where we get to still watch the match that would be great :)

As others have said, it created a brilliant Atmosphere however was/is in danger of being overdone.

Any suggestions on potential replacements? Simplicity is the key i'd say.

GrumpyBlue86 said:
IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
Will we still be doing the Poznan next season or was it just a one season thing?
(I'd hate to be the only one doing it at the first goal scored!!!)
I think we should without doubt keep it going and also try and introduce more things that are unique in this country.

I know however that there are plenty of people out there who would prefer us to stop it and sit on our hands for ninety minutes, standing up only to give the odd rendition of Blue Moon or We're not really here.
Sorry to be pedantic mate but we never introduced it to this country, Poznan did. Celtic fand have been doing the same thing they call the 'huddle' since at least as early as 2006, so although we were the first English team to do it, it's hardly unique and been around Europe[and scotland] for ages.

bluemoon risin' said:
GrumpyBlue86 said:
IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
Will we still be doing the Poznan next season or was it just a one season thing?
(I'd hate to be the only one doing it at the first goal scored!!!)
I think we should without doubt keep it going and also try and introduce more things that are unique in this country.

I know however that there are plenty of people out there who would prefer us to stop it and sit on our hands for ninety minutes, standing up only to give the odd rendition of Blue Moon or We're not really here.
Sorry to be pedantic mate but we never introduced it to this country, Poznan did. Celtic fand have been doing the same thing they call the 'huddle' since at least as early as 2006, so although we were the first English team to do it, it's hardly unique and been around Europe[and scotland] for ages.
Alright fair enough but we were still the first one's to do it even if we didn't introduce it in THIS country, this isn't Scotland or one of those countries you refer to around Europe. The Poznan fans were the best fans I have ever seen and I went to both games. We have improved our atmosphere by taking something they did and doing it ourselves. It has got the rest of the country talking and certainly is different.
I'm all for bringing new things in to improve our atmosphere but alongside the Poznan. People can't deny that before the Poznan our atmosphere even at away games was shit!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
'Atmosphere' is communal noise to lift the team, not jumping about . It's been a novelty this season and the Poznan game was great fun.

But the reason they were impressive fans as a whole was the noise they made.

I even did the Poznan myself after a rake of ale at wembley. But it's time to move on. The movelty's worn off and it will get tired very quickly. Think of blackburns drummer. Or england's band . Or our own bananas.

Stuff like that has a sell by date. When it loses the wow factor the right thing to do is to bury it.
I think anyone even half sensible would agree the Poznan has also brought with it an increase in volume so that argument falls flat on its face. Even if it was just most of the stadium chanting "City City City" in unison that follows the Poznan it'd still be valid but it's been much more than that. As the Poznan went round the ground so did the noise rise from those sections who join in. Even the north stand is getting involved in the atmosphere now. So it's for keeps in my opinion. If you lot in the third tier don't want to join in, don't let us lot bother you.

We should start doing the Macarana when we score, I've not seen anyones else do that at a football ground.

Keep it, some say it's just a phase like the bananas but I have one and I know many others that do and took it to wembley, the Poznan was mint at wembley and is good fun so why stop?

I sit in north stand which is shut but that is one of the few times I have something fun to do there without getting funny looks
What else can we do that is just as easy and fun and that looks fooking mint besides the Poznan?

It stays in my opinion! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.