Prague

You will love it blue, it is an amazing place, hope you and your son have a great time, and don't be anxious on the game we will do the swamp dwellers
He loves the place, so that's good enough for me. Can't wait to visit, although I hate flying and hate derby days lol.
Thanks again.

Had goulash and one or two other Hungarian dishes in Budapest and not impressed at all, hopefully the food in Prague will be much better..
Meat meat and meat in Prague, hopefully none of you are veggie. my advice for food is stay away from Wensclesas square and the old square for food as it’s the typical tourist trap and walk off the beaten track and you will find some great places with much more authentic food.

Only advice I’d say is stay away from the local taxis once you’re in Prague. Walk everywhere as it’s only a small city and I knew so many people who were fleeced astronomically by the taxi drivers. Walking as well will help you find the hidden gems.

Meat meat and meat in Prague, hopefully none of you are veggie. my advice for food is stay away from Wensclesas square and the old square for food as it’s the typical tourist trap and walk off the beaten track and you will find some great places with much more authentic food.

Only advice I’d say is stay away from the local taxis once you’re in Prague. Walk everywhere as it’s only a small city and I knew so many people who were fleeced astronomically by the taxi drivers. Walking as well will help you find the hidden gems.

Good advise, thanks mate, luckily we normally do walk everywhere, apart from Amsterdam when one of our crew got so wasted on shrooms and everything else he could lay his hands on, we had to get a taxi 200 yards over the bridge to the Hotel.... Ha ha what a sight it must have been...!

Currently studying in Prague so I've got a few tips:
- For non-touristy sights even though it's going to be very chilly, go up to Vysehrad. Fewer tourists go there but it's the site of the oldest known settlement in Prague and has tons of history, plus the best views of the city. Better than from the castle because you actually see the castle.
- For food, generally stay out of Old Town because it's crazy expensive and not that good. Find any beer restaurant "Kozlovna" or "Pilsner" restaurant, they usually have hearty Czech food for low prices. In terms of beer, ask for local breweries (my favorite place, Hostinec U Tunelu, carries really obscure brands but reservations there are hard). Never ask for Staropramen, the locals hate it and say it's the worst beer. Good bars with lots of beer on tap are the Beer Museum and Beer Geek.
- My favorite place to go watch games is at Rocky O'Reilly's, although they usually show mostly the bigger games. Watched the last derby there with a friend (he's a Chelsea supporter but otherwise he's ok). Bar full of United fans - made it even sweeter when we won. :D

- For non-touristy sights even though it's going to be very chilly, go up to Vysehrad. Fewer tourists go there but it's the site of the oldest known settlement in Prague and has tons of history, plus the best views of the city. Better than from the castle because you actually see the castle.
- For food, generally stay out of Old Town because it's crazy expensive and not that good. Find any beer restaurant "Kozlovna" or "Pilsner" restaurant, they usually have hearty Czech food for low prices. In terms of beer, ask for local breweries (my favorite place, Hostinec U Tunelu, carries really obscure brands but reservations there are hard). Never ask for Staropramen, the locals hate it and say it's the worst beer. Good bars with lots of beer on tap are the Beer Museum and Beer Geek.
- My favorite place to go watch games is at Rocky O'Reilly's, although they usually show mostly the bigger games. Watched the last derby there with a friend (he's a Chelsea supporter but otherwise he's ok). Bar full of United fans - made it even sweeter when we won. :D
Thanks for the advice ;-)

Brilliant tips mate and greatly appreciated, at the airport now and ready to rock ...! Will definitely go to the settlement, and avoid the old town prices, cheers ..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.