pre derby nerves?

Just had this conversation with my lad.

I remember many many derbies at the swamp and at Maine Road where I was praying that we would just score, never mind win. Now I'm nervous in case we don't win!

exiledbaguleyblue said:
Just had this conversation with my lad.

I remember many many derbies at the swamp and at Maine Road where I was praying that we would just score, never mind win. Now I'm nervous in case we don't win!

A win would be fantastic , and is what we should be aiming for ,as we're at home ....... but at this stage of the season it's just imperative that we DON'T LOSE the game .... a three point gap is far better to have to pull back than a six point one.

As United found out last season , we are more than capable of winning at their place ....... but the rest of the fixtures are equally important.

Not really been bothered this year, we'll either win playing well or play crap and i still don't think we'll lose, we are at home, haven't lost in 2 years. Just can't see anything but a boring draw or a 1-0 win.

Im not nervous really.

After last season six points is fuck all.

Even if they manage to beat us its still december.

black mamba said:
Our squad may argueably be individually superior to theirs , but they show better team spirit than we do , more often ......

this isn't gonna be an easy game , and will depend on which side 'wants' it more

They are forced to show 'team spirit' more often because unlike us, they concede the 1st goal virtually every week. We know how to fight when we have to and we've done so on many occasions (in the league anyway).

Don't agree that the game depends on 'who wants it more' either. We play anything like what we're capable of and we'll play them off the park again, they'll have no say in it. 0 shots on target for them last time around wasn't it?

Yes very nervous we need to pull back the three points and start putting in a champion rated performance.

i honestly dont feel nerves, i really think that even if they step it up, they cant keep us out, with toure having a rest, we should dominate the midfield,

I will say though, RVP has been brilliant for them already...

Usually nervous all week before but I've not been nervous once all week and not nervous now neither. Hardly anyone has spoken about it all week in work; Blue or red. Strange one this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.