pre derby nerves?

Things really have changed these days. We once gathered here to dread the following days derby. Not anymore. The busiest thread here is no longer the pre derby thread. We all have nerves of course. If you care about something, then you worry. The difference now is that we believe we should win, not "if" we win. We all know that we can also lose. Again the difference is that if we do lose it wasn't because it was to be expected, just one of those days.
Winning a derby used to be the only highlight of the season. Well that and reaching 40 points!
If we do lose, we know that there is more to play for and can quickly get over the disappointment.

Out of curiosity, I popped over to "redcafe" ( I know, I know get over it). Their pre match thread is a delight read. You could almost swap a thread from here just four years a go. Gone is the over egotistical big headed swagger. It has now been replaced by genuine fear. The fear isn't just about losing, but by how much. Some just expect to lose, some would take a draw, most just don't want a hammering (the 1-6 has had a real physiological effect!). Of course the odd poster is bucking the trend and predicting a win. None are predicting giving us a beating. I find this very strange. We are no where near being at our best. Derbies by their very nature never carry "form" into it. It is about desire and courage. We could have a mare, a bent ref and half a dozen other things go wrong. But no, they are all there, already planning their excuses. Injuries, fergies abilities as a manager, playing us at home, our unbeaten record, Paul Scholes, you name it, they are all getting the blame and we haven't even played yet!

Now getting back to us. We lose tomorrow so what? They get a six point lead (they already have a three point lead). Again so what? Didn't they have a eight point lead with six to go? Some here are predicting this could really derail us if this was to happen..."no chance!"
We could get absolutely hammered tomorrow. Again so what? It would only be three points dropped. Sometimes it takes a hiding to wake some players up.

I prefer to look at this a different way than normal. Just imagine if another 1-6 (6-1) was to happen? I know a simple 1-0 will do......but just imagine...

Hate Derbies and am always a bag of nerves, when we play at the Sty i don't watch or listen to it but keep checking every 10 minutes on the BBC. The sight of those odious gobshites in the South Stand and the odious gobshites on the pitch makes me want to vomit, i despise them. The feeling when they are on the attack or we are hanging on is horrenous, always has been and always will be, i'm not at all confident about tomorrow and if would just be bloody typical if they were to end our home record but i hope and pray that this won't be the case, i'd take a draw.

been confident all day, telling all the rags who come into the shop they are going to get stuffed but getting pretty nervous now

bookiesgirl said:
been confident all day, telling all the rags who come into the shop they are going to get stuffed but getting pretty nervous now

You do know they probably stuffed half of your shop up their coats
grin.gif

Dethred said:
I'm thinking of not even watching it. Its clearly the FA's year for Fergie's retirement present. Already seen it on the cards with their last big matches this season. Just hope we don't get someone like Yaya or Kompany red carded, which is almost a guarantee.
Bad memories from last season's 3rd round FA Cup defeat..... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzICUDmI_9A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzICUDmI_9A</a>

I dropped my motorbike on its side today, and the only damage was a smashed mirror which kinda shit me up superstition wise.

Was tellin the Missus on the phone who was still at work and she asked me whether I'd done it in the house???

Blootoof said:
I dropped my motorbike on its side today, and the only damage was a smashed mirror which kinda shit me up superstition wise.

Was tellin the Missus on the phone who was still at work and she asked me whether I'd done it in the house???

You can't fix it in the kitchen you gotta fix it in the garden

mancityvstoke said:
Blootoof said:

You can't fix it in the kitchen you gotta fix it in the garden

I was, but she was more concerned about bad luck if a mirror gets smashed in the house. She didn't give a fuck about my bike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.