Pre-kick off anthems….

Don’t look back in anger......

A Manchester anthem,by a Manchester group,that sums up Manchester City.

Revenge not anger !!
So scousers complain
They know it's too late
As the title falls by
Their souls cry away

Don't look back you wankers
You'll hear us say....

No idea who sung it first out of Liverpool and Celtic but every fucker used to sing it at one point.

If you watch a recording of the Charlton promotion game, you can clearly hear City fans singing it.

No idea when everyone else got bored of it and Liverpool decided it was there’s.

Guessing it might have been after Hillsborough.
You might find the rags were the first to sing it

Liverpool adopted the song as their main anthem in the 1960s on the back of Gerry And The Pacemakers' 1963 cover of the Carousel musical song. But United had sung it in 1958 shortly after the Munich air disaster, as detailed by the Manchester Evening News

Last edited:
You might find the rags were the first to sing it

Liverpool adopted the song as their main anthem in the 1960s on the back of Gerry And The Pacemakers' 1959 cover of the Carousel musical song. But United had sung it in 1958 shortly after the Munich air disaster, as detailed by the Manchester Evening Newshere.

I wouldn’t have any idea who was singing what in the 50s & 60s. I’m happy to take your word for it though.

All I do know is by the 80s pretty much every team’s fans in the country would sing it.

I wouldn’t have any idea who was singing what in the 50s & 60s. I’m happy to take your word for it though.

All I do know is by the 80s pretty much every team’s fans in the country would sing it.
I remember in 1973 we took about 15k to Anfield for the FA cup filled the old Anfield Road End. On MOTD that night they had the cameras on us doing YNWA Jimmy hill was doing a Kop Choir of the season competition we won it at Anfield pmsl. Agee seasons later we modified it to the Walk on with a hole in your areas. And you’ll never walk again version

No idea who sung it first out of Liverpool and Celtic but every fucker used to sing it at one point.

If you watch a recording of the Charlton promotion game, you can clearly hear City fans singing it.

No idea when everyone else got bored of it and Liverpool decided it was there’s.

Guessing it might have been after Hillsborough.
Spot on and we also sang the fast version with the
"Walk on (clap clap) walk on (clap clap) with hope (clap clap)" etc etc

It stopped around mid 80's (clearly.after 85) when a section of the Kippax would drown it out with
"Dirty Scouse song, dirty Scouse song, hello, hello dirty Scouse song...."

I don't think Liverpool decided it was theirs, everyone bar them dropped it.

Ours should be the Boys in Blue, if we have to have one.

The NLF that Arsenal commissioned is beyond shite.

It wasn’t commissioned. It’s actually called The Angel by a local lad called Louis Dunford about the changing landscape of Islington and North London, If you actually listen to the words, it doesn’t really mention Arsenal or football in general.

As it started to gain traction after being released, people were actually suggesting it to the club, they invited Dunford to the ground, played his song pre game vs Leeds and the crowd responded to it.

It wasn’t commissioned. It’s actually called The Angel by a local lad called Louis Dunford about the changing landscape of Islington and North London, If you actually listen to the words, it doesn’t really mention Arsenal or football in general.

As it started to gain traction after being released, people were actually suggesting it to the club, they invited Dunford to the ground, played his song pre game vs Leeds and the crowd responded to it.
It’s weird, whatever it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.