Pre-Match at the Co-op Live

They are charging a fiver which you get back through a voucher for drink or food. It’s an easy step to drop the voucher which would mean you still need to pre book, hence my response to the OP. After all it’s not like the club to miss a revenue opportunity is it?

Not moaning just pointing out a perfectly possible scenario. So in the politest way possible…..
Wind your neck in.
Get your point, but charging introduces an incentive to actually trun up. If they were free you potentially get people seeking them "just in case" and then not turning up as there's no loss. It's not a lot, but I thinks it's a sensible way to go about it if there's a finite capacity.

Great idea this and when the fanzone opens there’s even more choices I wonder if coop live might become the “away” ‘pub’ at some point?

I doubt anywhere near the ground would ever be interested in being an away fans only pub. Even if there were dozens of them, which there obviously aren’t.

Too close to town.

I doubt anywhere near the ground would ever be interested in being an away fans only pub. Even if there were dozens of them, which there obviously aren’t.

Too close to town.

There were loads of Ipswich fans in the Townley. The bouncers weren't on the door. Not one but of trouble. Obviously that wouldn't be the case with United fans Liverpool fans, etc.

Get your point, but charging introduces an incentive to actually trun up. If they were free you potentially get people seeking them "just in case" and then not turning up as there's no loss. It's not a lot, but I thinks it's a sensible way to go about it if there's a finite capacity.
I think it’s a positive move. Fans will have three ways to spend their time - on the Concorse, outside the Stadium and in the Coop. Plus the new fan area open in a couple of years time.

There were loads of Ipswich fans in the Townley. The bouncers weren't on the door. Not one but of trouble. Obviously that wouldn't be the case with United fans Liverpool fans, etc.

Doesn’t alter the fact that no pub near the ground is ever going to be turning away City fans, in the hope a few dozen away fans turn up for an hour.

Doesn’t alter the fact that no pub near the ground is ever going to be turning away City fans, in the hope a few dozen away fans turn up for an hour.
I never said they would. That wasn't my point. My point was City fans and Ipswich fans mixed without any trouble. If the bouncers were on the door those Ipswich fans would have been turned away for no reason other than being away fans. I think fans of the smaller clubs who don't cause trouble should be allowed to drink and mix with City fans. Southampton, Fulham, Brighton, etc. I've been to plenty of away pubs and not had any trouble.

I never said they would. That wasn't my point. My point was City fans and Ipswich fans mixed without any trouble. If the bouncers were on the door those Ipswich fans would have been turned away for no reason other than being away fans. I think fans of the smaller clubs who don't cause trouble should be allowed to drink and mix with City fans. Southampton, Fulham, Brighton, etc. I've been to plenty of away pubs and not had any trouble.

That’s all fair enough. But you were quoting my post which was specifically talking about an away fans only pub near the ground, so I assumed you were also talking about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.