Pre-match | Everton v Man City (Updated Pg1 Injuries and Travel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Everton fans disliked Hughes and his very public handling of the Lescott situation. At the time Lescott was our best player, scored 10 a season, even though he was a defender. Was absolutely immense for us, I think he never fully recaptured his form after he left, and his England career went down the pan. But it totally ruined the start of our season. Evertonians naturally wanted to get one over City, and you can't blame them. Moyes hated City because of it, I think that was really what it was all about.

The strange thing is though, a few years down the line it showed how much of a two faced b(st@rd David Moyes can be. Evertonians gave him a standing ovation when he left. But then he comes along with a 25m bid for both Baines and Fellaini at the start of our season (doing what City did to us). BUT Then he had the cheek to say "Everton should let them go to further their careers, I always done what was best for my players". When everyone knew he fumed at City and told Lescott he was going nowhere until he made that shocking appearance for us against Arsenal.

It's just like the Stones Chelsea situation now. Again, we have a decent 11, if it sticks together. But we have Mourinho sniffing about very publicly about signing one of our central defenders, even though we only have 2. I think though if Stones goes, then there will be more than planes flying over the stadium asking for KenwrightandCO out. Who haven't invested anything into EFC for the past 16 years.

There will be a massive noise at Goodison, and I'm sure the players will raise their game. Which is friggin annoying as a fan because they should do that every week. To be honest, I haven't a clue what the result will be other than there will be more than 2 goals and City will at least score 1. The days when Everton kept a clean sheet in consecutive games has long gone.

I've got some sound Evertonian mates, and we'll be meeting in the Crown and Mitre opposite Lime Street before the game.
To be honest, this game worries me, as we were in the same situation at Villa Park a couple of season ago, after thrashing United the previous week. Complacency set in, and we ended up losing 3-2 despite dominating possession.
If City match Everton's intensity and work rate, we'll be okay. If not, anything could happen.

Credit to @jimmy blue shoes , Lets get this going at Everton
We've got Nicolas Otamendi,

We've got Kun Aguero too,

We've got Pablo Zabaleta,

They're our Argentinian blues.

Our Argentinian blues are coming after you, our Argies are coming after you!

We've got Martin Demachelis.

We've got Zuculini too,

We've got Willy Caballero,

They're our Argentinian blues

Bad moon arising tune used by the Argies in the world cup

Why are people on here saying they'd be happy with a draw here, and 7 pts out of 9 would be ok ... haven't you watched our last two games?

Aim higher guys ... I say we beat them at least 3-0 ... or hell, let's do one better and thrash them 4-0.

Ok ok, that's what the heart says (4-0 or 5-0) but head says it will be more like 2-0 or a 3-1.

Oh, and no need to tinker with the winning combination ... just win the game early and then make changes to give mins to whoever Pellegrini wants.

C'mon City!

Indeed Zaba needs to get some minutes but I don't think Everton away is the place to do this. You seem to think he should, is this right?

Both yes and no. Sagna is on form, but we know what Zabaleta is capable off, and there's no reason to spare him for an 'easy' game.

Same team as Chelsea. Leave it unchanged. I wouldn't change the team for the first 5 games at least. Get a good run going, especially the defence playing as well as it is.

Both yes and no. Sagna is on form, but we know what Zabaleta is capable off, and there's no reason to spare him for an 'easy' game.
So what you are suggesting is we break up a winning formula because we know what Zaba is capable of? He's had no minutes thus far and it is exactly for this and the fact Sagna is playing great that we should wait for a more favourable game to introduce him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.